Marjins Þridus

I’m not in Washington state. But if you are, please oppose forced sterilization. If any of your friends are, consider telling them.

4 Likes

America today:

25 PM

Some background, and my intro to the poll:

5 Likes

For those of you who may have forgotten, Taliesin Myrddin Namkai-Meche and Ricky Best were fatally stabbed to death while standing up against a man shouting racial slurs at teenagers.

These fatal stabbings happened in the middle of the afternoon. On a public train.

Taliesin Myrddin Namkai-Meche was a second-generation hippie. Ricky Best was a Republican politician.

Crazy times we all live in.

11 Likes

First charges dismissed!

Unrelated:

5 Likes

I did not know this:

And the utterly ironic thing is I’ve seen repeated tumblr posts of that iconic photo absolutely slagging the shit out of Peter Norman as “lol white guy so uncomfortable”   “Why the fuck isn’t he...

Further update to the first protest-trial story:

Several hours later, Judge Leibovitz labeled photojournalist Alexei Wood a “principal aider and abetter” in the alleged conspiracy to riot because his livestream “played a role…to advertise, broadcast…to recruit” and keep people “informed of the events”, and denied all other motions to dismiss the remaining charges against the defendants.

1 Like

Yes, but how does genderist propaganda cause this? ;p

4 Likes

WW1-era government docs are disturbing. Not only the war, but the general nationalism, militarism, xenophobia, and antisemitism:

From Weekly Appreciation of Matters of Naval Interest, No. 11, 1st March 1919

The Ships repatriating German troops have now-been ordered to Hamburg and it has been arranged that on their return journey they should convey undesirable Russians and Jews from England and Russian prisoners from Prance to Odessa.

From Report on the British Military Mission, South Russia, 8th October 1919

(various falsehoods, such as falsely claiming that the Bolshevik party is led by Jews, and that the Cheka is solely Jewish, attempts to shift the blame for pogroms onto anyone but the Armed Forces of South Russia) … It is not the least of the services to humanity of that fine, strong character that he has hitherto prevented the natural and inevitable revenge of classes which have suffered so long and so deeply, and it is cause for deep regret to British officers who have witnessed the forbearance of General Denikins followers that in England credence is given to his calumniators.

2 Likes
3 Likes

https://theestablishment.co/police-shoot-a-lot-more-people-than-previously-known-932d35e24b85

2 Likes
3 Likes

I can’t call, but maybe you can:

2 Likes

I encountered a store display yesterday, advertising “male performance enhancers.” (And I don’t think they were going for “smaller, softer, more sensitive everywhere.”)

Many gendercrits adopt the Blanchard-Bailey-Lawrence theory that most trans womyn are “autogynephiles,” and some refuse to respect trans womyn’s identities because that would be “participating in [our] fetish.”

Yet hardly any address that, by similar standards, most cis men are “autoandrophiles,” and although Dworkin wanted men to stop fetishizing their manhood, she didn’t refuse to respect cis men’s identities to avoid “participating in their fetish.”

I still think Dworkin’s ideas go beyond asking men to give up their social status, and stop fetishing their manhood, to asking them to change their biology. From “Renouncing Sexual ‘Equality’”:

I suggest to you that transformation of the male sexual model under which we now all labor and “love” begins where there is a congruence, not a separation, a congruence of feeling and erotic interest; that it begins in what we do know about female sexuality as distinct from male—clitoral touch and sensitivity, multiple orgasms, erotic sensitivity all over the body (which needn’t—and shouldn’t—be localized or contained genitally), in tenderness, in self-respect and in absolute mutual respect. For men I suspect that this transformation begins in the place they most dread—that is, in a limp penis. I think that men will have to give up their precious erections and begin to make love as women do together. I am saying that men will have to renounce their phallocentric personalities, and the privileges and powers given to them at birth as a consequence of their anatomy, that they will have to excise everything in them that they now value as distinctively “male. ” No reform, or matching of orgasms, will accomplish this.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, judging by the comments, most people want to hurt other people to protect their rulers’ turf.

2 Likes

Some good news:

7 Likes

More on this. Animation warning:

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2017/12/j20-free-speech-first-amendment

4 Likes
3 Likes
9 Likes

God damn… the world is fucked up right now.

7 Likes

Sigh. Discussions of trying to avoid dogs often lead, first, to many people insisting that fearing dogs is irrational while not fearing them despite suffering horrific injuries in childhood dog attacks, is… not irrational, and second, that the idea that dogs only attack if we’re afraid is a reason not to fear dogs, and third, to someone suggesting that if we have to avoid dogs, that means we hate animals, and are likely to hurt other people.

trigger warnings for dogpics, discussion of dogs:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/dec/28/a-fear-of-dogs-dominated-my-childhood-and-hasnt-left-me-until-recently

5 Likes