Marjins Þridus

I don’t know who’s using the angle-grinders, or why, but pan hurts. I can’t get away from the pain. If I go outside, I just expose myself to more of the pain, and I don’t have anyplace away from the pain. I am sick of the pain. I am in a lot of pain, and have been under a lot of pain for the past week, and it’s really cruhed my ability to cope with the pain. Fuck pain.

4 Likes

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/01/15/transgender-activist-chelsea-mannings-senate-video-listed-as-inappropriate-by-youtube/

3 Likes

So… Because I object to ableist and eugenicist slurs, in the cesspools of Hatewatch and Media Matters, people tell each other “step out of line and she’ll call you a eugenics-supporting ableist.”

2 Likes
4 Likes

I see a lot of sentiment equating Republicanism with mental illness. I think the reason is we’re afraid - afraid to admit that we are humans prone to bias and prejudice just like they are. Maybe we are the mutant kind.

There is an existential angst that comes with awareness. The ancients wrote laments. Hell, in the book of Ecclesiastes, the author basically says to never learn - in acquiring wisdom, you acquire pain, and pain bringd an early grave.

We need to reframe things. Trump and his tribe are perfectly rational; they know they’re destructive, greedy assholes - and that’s precisely why they stick together. All we can do is raise our flag and resist. We can build a better world, with or without their participation.

6 Likes

It’s important news, but can they stop calling it “Vandalism”? It’s the police killing people. It’s not East-Germanic-speakers killing people here. It’s like calling arson with intent to murder “Beakerism”.

5 Likes

Border crossers should drink between five to 12 litres of water daily, depending on conditions.

Wow. That’s a lot of water. Consider that the standard that most people tout is “eight glasses a day” or about 2L.

Also consider that 1L of water weighs 1kg (~2.2lbs), which means that for every day of travel, you need to either find, or carry, at least 5kg of water per person in optimal conditions, plus the weight of the container. And the article says that the journey could take weeks

Yeah, there’s no way that the average migrant will be able to carry enough water to drink 12L per day for several weeks.

3 Likes

How about we call it Americanism instead?

2 Likes

100% Americanism

(aka the Ku Klux Klan)

2 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

“The United States has the largest and most expensive military in the world, but we always want more. We have the largest prison system in the world, yet we want more. We have the largest and most sophisticated intelligence apparatus in the world by far, and still we want more. How much is enough? That is my moment – we need this to stop.”
[…]
Prisons should be closed and inmates released; all hospitals should be free at the point of use, no questions asked; US borders should be open.

YES.

I’m not an American, much less one that lives in Baltimore, but I would vote for this policy statement ten times out of ten.

5 Likes
2 Likes

I think it would be far more fair and accurate to describe it as colonialism. Too few people make any distinction between American culture, and the culture imposed by European colonialism, but that difference is quite significant.

3 Likes

Petition!

2 Likes

Anyone know about her case?

4 Likes
7 Likes

Davia Spain, a 23-year-old performing artist and filmmaker who works for the SF LGBT Center, was arrested Friday on suspicion of domestic violence, battery and burglary.

In an online campaign launched after her arrest, supporters said Spain was defending herself while confronting a person over an alleged sexual assault.

5 Likes

Hit by turn signals.

No injury this time, and no migraine, but dizzy and very nauseous.

1 Like
3 Likes