Moderation Decisions

Perhaps. There are more kinds of excellence than I think even good artists often realise, however. I was a woodwinds player myself, but I was certainly never going to be first chair anywhere. I did have a better-than-average sense of rhythm and phrasing, and I think that shows up in my compositions. In this area, at the tender age of 63, I am still growing. It’s a suitable application for my strengths as a musician. Will I gain any recognition in my lifetime or beyond? Who knows? It’s not really important.

Mind you, I never gave up the day job either, and that might have been a mistake on my part.

What’s the situation with the trembling hands, if you mind my asking? RSI?

Edit: Oh, and I recently picked up an Akai EWI-USB. It’s a real pleasure to play. Highly recommended.

2nd Edit: I have just seen the “Ask me anything” thread. I’ll catch up there.

4 Likes

It is complex, but the seizures did a number on the nervous system. The brain still works, the ears still work, and this mortal coil is like the Energizer Bunny. But the wiring is off.

It may heal, it may not. But I now get to make macabe jokes like, “even organ failure can’t kill me. I’d suggest you keep that in mind if we ever come to fisticuffs.” :grinning:

13 Likes

Now we do the dance of joy?

perfect-strange-danceofjoy2

7 Likes

Either at half tempo, or double time :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Which ever works for you Buffy Dondarrion.

7 Likes

Best. Nickname. Ever.

7 Likes

It fits now. All you need is a wooden stake and a flaming sword, and you’re good to go!

6 Likes

How 'bout a flaming sword with a wooden stake for a hilt? Stick some refractory material at the juncture, and you’re good to go - you can slash 'em or stake 'em at need.

6 Likes

We’re getting @japh nicely geared up to fight evil!

finn-jake-nice

6 Likes

We can get him some Highland pipes for when he marches into battle. Trembling hands are then a feature, not a bug. :wink:

8 Likes

Perfect! We now have someone to lead us into whatever the war is! @japh is our dear leader!

7 Likes

Oh no you didn’t! My hairdo is much, much… Okay it’s weird.

5 Likes

Well then, might as well wave your freak flag high - you strip down and paint yourself in woad first. No one will notice the state of your hair…

7 Likes

Even more reason for your to lead us!

7 Likes

Let’s not forget those who, no matter what you say is your reasoning, hold you responsible for the suggestion above - as they know your intent better than you do.

4 Likes

Deeds, not words.

2 Likes

Yep, sometimes it’s that obvious.

If the goodbye note offers condemnation but not a shred of constructive feedback or even honest criticism, then it qualifies. Likewise if it attempts to shame individual members, or similarly holds the author above reproach while blaming nearly everyone else for the slightest indiscretions. If a goodbye note does any of this, then perhaps it shouldn’t be written.

7 Likes

context not pretext

1 Like
2 Likes

Is there some suntext there?

2 Likes