Molesters Being Outed

We Should Have Quit 20 Years Ago?

7 Likes

I’ve caught a couple episodes of the new one with Chris Thile. I’m not sure what it is, but it’s not the old PHC. The old one was just the right (or wrong) mix of comforting but cringe inducing dated nostalgia.

2 Likes

Other than the april fools joke shows I think they had pretty much done what they could do when it moved to New York after his two year sabbatical in 1987 and changed the name and featured more variety of music and talent but they bailed on that to go back to the previous formula in 1992 which is pretty much where I would say it died.

4 Likes

“American Radio Company of the Air” or something, yeah, I remember that.

I think I saw an interview from around that time. My impression was Keillor didn’t like being famous. A lot of celebrities don’t. People who are ridiculously successful would like to be able to turn it on and off at will. They don’t want strangers to try to talk to them at the grocery store every day.

But he realized he was only famous in Minnesota. So where could he go where nobody would recognize him and nobody would care anyway?

But then I guess he didn’t like New York either.

A lot of people don’t.

6 Likes

On the other hand, he could have been moving around to avoid the consequences of misbehavior we don’t know about yet :tired_face:

3 Likes

Yep. But if I think of it like that, it’s also racist, misogynistic, religious bigotry.

Much like a lot of nostalgia.

4 Likes

15 posts were split to a new topic: Yule Switch Tracks - A Holiday Thread (that keeps giving)

Heartland Hovel Henchman!

4 Likes

Depends on who you left behind, and what they were mad about …

3 Likes

…and vice versa.

4 Likes

That sounds like another name for “housewife” - like “domestic engineer”.

Or something on a maintenance person’s badge.

2 Likes

All this religion/holiday talk feels way off topic. Could we move it somewhere else, because it’s detracting from the important business of outed molesters?

4 Likes

I agree and second that request. @staff? Help?

2 Likes

I was all excited to see so many new posts on this thread… and then oddly disappointed that no new molesters had been outed! Which… is weird? LOL - human emotions, what a weird thing.

6 Likes

Thread split complete.

Men (and young men) at work, through the actions of a few (and inaction of many) have created a terrible environment. Chad’s apparently escalated to “accidentally” brushing his hand against asses, Nyx - an older gent - is creepily coming onto young ladies, and nobody has done a thing.

(Yes, documenting would be helpful - but it’s easy for creeps to change jobs and continue problematic behaviour)

… It’s frustrating.

It’s incumbent on me to change the culture of casual sexism and male misbehaviour.

Longer clubhouse post going up tonight.

11 Likes
6 Likes

For the canucks and regional blocking:

5 Likes

May fortune smile upon you. Especially since you work in a place where the staff do tend to be young. The sooner people learn it’s not okay, the better.

(And Chad vandalises keyboards AND grabs asses? That sounds like he just wants to see the world burn. Or at least that his issues are deeper than perhaps previously known.)

6 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/metropolitan-opera-to-investigate-james-levine-over-sexual-abuse-allegations/2017/12/03/e8820982-d842-11e7-a841-2066faf731ef_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-cards_hp-card-lifestyle%3Ahomepage%2Fcard&utm_term=.5a4141e31821

4 Likes

More info about the infamous Matt Lauer Door Lock:

It seems it wasn’t installed for him, but predates his moving into that office. He just took advantage of it. Also, it didn’t trap anyone inside, which would be a clearly illegal fire hazard, but rather prevented people from entering.

7 Likes