Molesters Being Outed

If I was a Catholic I might think he was likely to die and wake up in one.

8 Likes

Um, who said anything about being undemonstrative? I can do the Dutch triple kiss with the best of them. But I know being sick over the holidays sucks (because I usually am) and I wasnā€™t going to be a germ carrier any more than I had to be.

2 Likes

OK, misunderstood, deleted.

Not all dinosaures were bad.

Letā€™s criticize Mudoch for many, many things but not for his age. If we are lucky enough to stay alive weā€™ll all be old, but we wonā€™t all end up like POS Murdoch.

5 Likes

Indeed, the ones in my garden are quite attractive, and that one shown the other day - that looked like a cross between a goose and a penguin, with paddle arms - looked quite interesting.

However, I do think that Murdoch can and should be criticised for his holding onto power running his empire and trying to drag the West into his right wing dystopia. As T S Eliot remarked when he was younger than I am now, ā€œDo not tell me of the wisdom of old men, tell me rather of their folly.ā€ He shouldnā€™t be in charge of anything bigger than the membership list of his local golf club. Gerontocracy is a terrible form of government.

6 Likes

Itā€™s quite popular. Things may have changed a bit in the past seven years, though.

3 Likes

I think Mubarakā€™s Egypt, Saudi Arabia, India, Cuba, Berlusconi Italy and Trump US kind of make my point for me.

6 Likes

Reminds me of this:

17 Likes

How did this take so god damn long:

16 Likes

Shooting fish in a barrel there. And yes I am also surprised it took this long.

8 Likes
8 Likes

Well, Canada donā€™t even make the chart cuz our median age are:
The median age is higher for women (41.0 years) than for men (39.0 years)
And JT is 45. (Jagmeet Singh is 38) - go go GenX politicians taking over! :wink:

And TJ Miller is gone! (one of the accusations against him has him spiking someones drink and the bartender seeing it!)

8 Likes

This is one of the things that was driving me nuts in that long derailed thread TOP: all the ā€œwell, itā€™s one accuser, and he and his wife say sheā€™s a crazy liar, soā€¦ā€ and blowing past the point that there were witnesses. He wasnā€™t fired on a single, uninvestigated accusation. A) Itā€™s more than one incident, and b) it was investigated and corroborating evidence was found.

Donā€™t they get it, that if itā€™s reached the firing stage, especially of a well-connected white guy, there is a shit-ton of evidence, to fend off the lawsuits?

10 Likes

There was a period in the 00s when myself and every friend I knew, male and female, got dosed at a bar.
I have nooooooo patience, sympathy or mercy where this issue stands.
Its beyond terrifying to wake up the next day and a gap in your memory like that, so fuck that guy.

13 Likes

ā€œā€¦as a Democratā€¦ I wanted to work for Rupert Murdochā€¦ To talk about sportsā€¦ This was apolitical!ā€

That right there is the fucking problem. Donā€™t get me wrong, what happened to her is a terrible thing but equally, donā€™t expect my sympathy if you choose to ignore everything that makes Fox and Murdoch utterly, utterly repugnant in order to claim a salary and only then do you realise that literally everyone involved in the production of the entire channel is a total fucking shitheel.

Oh, you didnā€™t realise that Fox was literally the spawn of the devil? Maybe you should have asked a friend who was Muslim, or a PoC, or British, or European, or a refugee, or on benefits, or homeless, or you know, sane and had a fucking conscience.

Welcome to the world of being literally or figuratively fucked by Rupert Murdoch! There are a good few billion of us here, Iā€™m sure someone other than myself will be able to sympathise with your inability to find work despite being rich, white and on your state bar.

8 Likes

In her defense, she probably doesnā€™t have any. /s

Your post is so on the mark. That whole company is rotten to the core. If some science fiction show had used it as the ā€œevil corporationā€ antagonist, it would have been laughed off TV as being too ā€œover the top.ā€ Truth is worse than fiction.

7 Likes

Holy fucksocks, thatā€™s awful; Iā€™m so sorry.

Iā€™ve been on the receiving end of date rape once, and countless instances of sexual harassment, but Iā€™ve never been drugged, thank Dumbledore.

I remember a sorority sister of mine freaking the fuck out in undergrad when she heard about roofies, and though her reaction was slightly over the top, I took her concern to heart; I never leave my drink unattended, and I donā€™t allow anyone I donā€™t trust implicitly to get a drink for me.

10 Likes

This is a lesson a whole lot of people I know have had to learn in one way or another, that if you lie down with snakes, you will get bitten. Sure she knew the company was run by an asshole, but she thought, ā€œItā€™s sportsball. Itā€™s not about money. Iā€™m protected.ā€

8 Likes

Nicole is right, this is fucking GARBAGE:

9 Likes
2 Likes