Molesters Being Outed

Posted in the wrong thread…

6 Likes

I’m about to hit submit on a formal complaint about the guy who harassed me, and a faculty member he rallied to publicly retaliate against me.

Thoughts and prayers, y’all.

19 Likes

doctor-horrible-fingers-crossed

I really, really hope this all works out for you.

13 Likes

I hope it works out!

7 Likes

I’m not at their institution (there are two faculty involved now - one called me names on twitter for not immediately forgiving harasshole). I’m not very concerned about retaliation. I am concerned because the two faculty co-supervise students. If the abuser abuses again, will the name-caller try to silence the victim?

12 Likes
7 Likes

http://bonus.kottke.org/post/183241320658/some-observations-on-leaving-neverland

6 Likes

I just got the first comments on my harrassmenomicon, a document for women surviving harassment in science communities. People like it! And holy hell are women balancing a lot of shit.

14 Likes
12 Likes

Only 6 years though. Damn, he should have gotten enough to keep his ass in jail till he croaks.

5 Likes

In explaining his sentencing decision, the judge said Pell had led an “otherwise blameless life.” Kidd said he believed given Pell’s age and the lack of any other criminal record, the cardinal posed no risk of re-offending.

From https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/cardinal-george-pell-vatican-sexual-abuse-1.5053347

8 Likes

A worldwide syndicate that puts the Yakuza and Mob to shame, buries any and all proof of wrong doing, and so the judge’s perception of the situation is that since we don’t have access to proof of other criminal activity, ergo, he must have lived a blameless life.

/stomps away, grumbling

14 Likes

Yeah but he gets parole after three years and eight months. Not even four years. Though the judge noted he (Pell) has a heart condition which may kill him in jail. Not sure if the judge meant during the full sentence or ‘just’ the non-parole period. And the bastard’s appealing - scheduled for June.

7 Likes

Even with what is public. Compare to, “except for the kidnapping, raping, and murdering, Ted Bundy led a blameless life.”

10 Likes

Wait, that’s not a parody of the Manafort sentencing?

The rule of law: some are above the law, some are beneath it.

9 Likes

Nope.

6 Likes

Who knew it was possible for Fox to get it even more wrong?

8 Likes

Eskimo kisses aren’t rape, therefore, it’s just great for the Vice President of the United States to give them to women who barely know him. Fox, so on point.

9 Likes

Not specifically labeled a sexual molester in the following case, but causing this level of physical and financial harm makes me assume he’s also one of those:

8 Likes

McDowell and/or Kubrick?

2 Likes