Molesters Being Outed

I’m still trying to figure out how a show about trans people in 2017 wasn’t politicised before this.

7 Likes

And now this:

This gif continues to be useful…

bugs-bun-floridabb

11 Likes

With all the Puerto Ricans apparently moving to Florida who will never vote Republican, the disaster may be contained.

4 Likes

So long as the Puerto Ricans can find a way to vote, period.

7 Likes

I read that a lot of them are being looked after by relatives. I have a feeling that the consequences of Trump may come back to bite the Republicans where PR is concerned (I have no real connection to the place other than I did some consultancy for a company there and liked it.)

4 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/investigations/eight-women-say-charlie-rose-sexually-harassed-them--with-nudity-groping-and-lewd-calls/2017/11/20/9b168de8-caec-11e7-8321-481fd63f174d_story.html

And another one.

7 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/act-four/wp/2017/11/20/did-al-franken-make-a-bad-decision-or-is-he-a-creep-look-for-the-pattern/

Thoughts?

4 Likes

He’s an asshole.

6 Likes

To quote Homer Simpson’s brain, “that’s it, I’m outta here.”

Charlie Rose making lewd phone calls, groping women at parties and walking around naked is something I never hoped to read about.

WHAT NEXT!?

6 Likes

I would have said, “Stupid comedian making an unsuspecting person the butt of a shitty joke” but I heard another woman has come forward which means there are likely more which means creep.

5 Likes

All of us going over our life history with women and trying to figure out how consensual all of our actions actually were? Trying to find out if our transgressions are because of a cycle where we all have an unexamined #metoo in our past or because we were taught that way? Trying to see if all of this is simply cultural or if it’s something that’s built into the male ape since “Women are there for my penis to be happy” is a largely universal viewpoint? Seeing if we can move it out of our societal behavior patterns much like we did with tossing our shits out the window and into the street.

More likely,: Purging polite society of the more extreme offenders until it’s no longer part of our news cycle and feeling like we did a good job despite doing nothing to fix the problem since out of sight is out of mind.

10 Likes
9 Likes

It wasn’t just the stupid photo. Her whole story is that he tried to force himself on her saying he was “rehearsing a skit” and that the entire USO Tour he was going after her. I thought her story was credible. I like him as a senator and am sorry that this whole revealing bad actors means we might lose a strong voice and ally in the Senate, but just because I like his politics, I still think she’s speaking the truth.

5 Likes

Never claimed otherwise.

1 Like

I think the tree itself is the problem. Like an Ent out of Mordor. But I hold no hope for humanity.

2 Likes

A team of anthropologists from Papua New Guinea will write a book called "Power abuse and dysfunctional social relationships in a sample Western society."
Somewhere they’ll point out all this could have been avoided if Westerners stopped wearing so many clothes and men wore penis shields in public.

5 Likes

Sign me up

3 Likes

Still want to?
Could make getting on public transport a little difficult.

6 Likes

Just, uh… make sure you know how much space you need to stand clear when the doors close.

7 Likes

I am NOT on board with the hooks at the end.

It would catch on door knobs, cubicle walls, chairs.

No. Just No.

6 Likes