Moving to bbs.elsewhere.cafe

If I had a quarter for every time I accidentally missed a customer scheduled time due to timezone confusion crossing the line between days…

…well, I wouldn’t be rich or anything, but I’d probably be able to buy a coffee or two.

6 Likes

I found this converter useful:

https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

It’s telling me the move will hit EDT (my zone) on Oct. 25 at 11PM. You can put on a place or time zone and it will translate it to your local time. :wink:

6 Likes

It’s your own fault for not running on GMT as any decent, right-thinking person should!

3 Likes

I’m in at the new place.

2 Likes

You missed part of that.

When in danger, when in doubt
Run in circles, scream and shout;
If in doubt you still remain
Run in circles once again.

Or the alternative version

When in danger, when in doubt
Turn your trousers inside out.
If in doubt you still remain
Simply change them round again.

5 Likes

Question: Links to other users’ posts that we have posted in the past go to bbs.elsewhere.cafe. What happens to them after our posts are migrated and HMS is shut down?

2 Likes

It should be possible to have discourse find/replace all instances of bbs.elsewhere.cafe with bbs.elsewhere.cafe. I thought I had done that over there, but maybe it was not successful. Can you send me an example I can use as a quick test case?

2 Likes

Your initial post in this thread has been linked to from Badass Dragoons of the Highlands Turn 5. Would that do?

3 Likes

Here’s an example that I think is working correctly:

4 Likes

Good. Thanks @LockeCJ.

3 Likes

I can’t log in there.

Should I be able to?

1 Like

Not right now. I’m testing the upgrade one final time before the switch-over.

Which is 8 minutes from now…

3 Likes

And we’re back.

Please let me know if anything’s not working.

That took longer than I expected.

7 Likes

Lookin’ good so far!

5 Likes

It’s showing correctly in the Admin UI for me now.

I expect those badges will be re-granted pretty soon.

4 Likes

Apparently last night I was trying to access elsewhere.cafe right in the cusp when mutants was already read-only but elsewhere hadn’t hit the ground running yet. All seems to be running smoothly this morning, however. Congratulations!

7 Likes

have we moved yet?

13 Likes

that was completely painless! good show, sir.

I’m on a really old mac and old version of firefox. I don’t know if that’s of any use to you, but if you need me to test that, I’m very available. sorry, didn’t see i’m replying to a month old post, there.

7 Likes

Total time was a little over an hour, thanks to my ineffective attempts to get the site to leave read-only mode.

5 Likes

Could have been worse… could have been stuck in write-only.

7 Likes