Our Felonious Ex-President

6 Likes

Spoiler: He dropped the invitation because they didn’t want to go.

8 Likes

4 Likes

It’s really bizarre to claim that an elected official has the power to pardon himself. No, that’s not how it works.

7 Likes
4 Likes

Canada’s unofficial national anthem:

4 Likes

Well, if we stand accused of burning the White House, we really might as well do it twice. At this juncture, that would probably do our Southern neighbours an even greater service than chasing Madison from office. While we’re at it, we probably should annex Northern Maine again - might as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb, and we did better by Maine than the Commonwealth of Massachusetts ever did anyway.

9 Likes

Those “non-monetary barriers” being blathered about? Just some pesky little things called food safety regulations. Yeah, sorry ¹ we’re not letting your antibiotic, hormone and steroid laden crap in.²

¹Not sorry.
² This is why I shake my head at all those “raised without hormones or steroids” ads. Great. You met minimum legal requirements. Well done.

12 Likes
10 Likes

Oh for fuck’s sake

https://twitter.com/TopherSpiro/status/1004872189106118657

At the same time … good for midterms? Pre-existing condition coverage is very popular.

11 Likes

The whole concept of pre-existing conditions continues to be bizarre for me, since it seems like all you need to do to have one is be alive and be examined thoroughly enough.

13 Likes

It’s trash. My friend’s girlfriend became ill with early onset breast cancer in law school. She was about 24. Ultimately, they covered her, but tried to claim that because she had seen a doctor for a mole, the cancer was pre-existing. the idea of pre-existing conditions is bonkers for the reason you state, but the application was even worse in practice than the absurd premise suggests.

12 Likes

It’s like having an auto insurance company demand you leave your car in the garage in order to be insured.

11 Likes

If we relied on insurance to respond to crime, then crime insurance companies would refuse to cover people they think might be targets, or would increase rates, or would refuse to cover certain attacks. Because that’s how insurance works.

Not that the current system works…

It isn’t appropriate for necessities.

5 Likes

It’s called a protection racket?

6 Likes
3 Likes

Kellyanne said it so it must be true.

4 Likes

I was reading this book by one of my favorite artists/painters/humorists, Bruce McCall:

when I came across this picture, from April 1999:

Yurgh.

8 Likes
15 Likes

Exactly. It’s like talking to a brick wall. Reasons, reasons, reasons . . . they all have reasons.

6 Likes