Random Silly Grins

Well, he got there eventually.

12 Likes

There’s obedience, and then there’s obedience with style.

13 Likes

I’d put that in the Win column.

8 Likes

I’m paying attention to a comment thread on Ars, about how 8chan is trying to get back online.

If you’re not familiar, there’s an unwritten rule that once a discussion on Ars reaches page 10, pretty much everything useful has already been said, so posters are free to reply with a little more derision and dismissal than would normally be the case. Generally, in the past, that’s been My Little Pony pictures and ROFLcopter scrolling text.

This time, though, one person started replying to the “freeze peach” and “not all Trump voters are racists” crowd with pithy insults like, “you half eaten bag of stale candy corn” and “you poorly loaded dishwasher.”

…It may have gotten a bit out of hand since then.

The insults start in earnest about here, if you’re interested.

A few samples:

you trout-brained sack of soiled Q-tips
you noxious pile of radioactive ungulates
you overfermented lutefisk
you trilby-wearing puddle of skunk oil

10 Likes

Such a typical Boxer thing! (I think it’s a Boxer. Looks like one anyway.)

6 Likes

I rarely have the need to insult people ad hominem, but I kind of love this one.

EDIT: And, whaddayaknow, I already found a use for it:

9 Likes

Minor pet peeve:
An argumentum ad hominem is only when you argue against someone’s position by attacking the person (e.g. “Trump is a racist collection of snot-filled tissues, so he’s wrong about pulling out of the Trans-Pacific Partnership”). I mean, true, he is a racist collection of snot-filled tissues, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that he’s wrong about everything he expresses an opinion on. Stopped clocks, etc.

By contrast, when you factually refute someone’s argument, and drop a few insults them along the way, that’s not an ad hominem, because your argument doesn’t depend on the insult to disprove your opponent’s position.

7 Likes

Fair enough.

6 Likes

you flatulent, narcissistic nematodal penis brain

I could get into this.

7 Likes

That one sounds like it should come straight out of a Monty Python sketch…

10 Likes

This one almost belongs in All the Feels:

19 Likes
12 Likes

I have never been able to “pop a wheelie” on bicycle or motorcycle.

10 Likes

There are only a handful of things I can almost do.

7 Likes

I cannot read comic books.

It’s like some weird form of dyslexia. The entire page just swims in front of my eyes.

11 Likes

I can read them, but I can’t shake the impression that I’m not reading them properly. I spend more time reading the text, and basically glance at the panel, whereas I get the feeling I should be doing it the other way around.

So, I don’t think I get the enjoyment out of them that others do.

9 Likes

I find I have to read a Graphic Novel :face_with_monocle: twice.

First, as you said, focusing on the text.

Second to immerse myself in the Art.

10 Likes

First person in the world to ever do this (in slo-mo):

9 Likes
8 Likes

I’ll suggest that to my dentist.

3 Likes