Random Silly Grins

I didn’t think that… um… "that sort " of videos used a lot of CGI. Perhaps I’m just hopelessly naive.

5 Likes

Oh.

just figured it out

5 Likes

EITMLI5?

(yes, that’s a full sentence…the system doesn’t seem to like the above without some sort of explanation)

2 Likes

3 Likes

Discourse doesn’t like all-caps.

6 Likes

DISCOURSE CAN’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

9 Likes

Well, you see, some people like watching videos of people being sprayed by Super Soakers.

But the problem with Super Soakers is that they can only hold so much water in their tanks. And, even if there’s enough water in the tank to satisfy the people who would want to watch someone get soaked, there’s a limit to how much pressure it’ll come out with, no matter how much you pump it up first.

So, I think that the suggestion is to use the footage of the spray can to show someone getting soaked with enough water, with enough pressure, to satisfy the kind of people who would watch those kinds of Super Soaker videos.

Or, that’s how I would explain it to a 5-year-old.

4 Likes

Huh. I didn’t even cheat. Maybe @chgoliz’s post wasn’t long enough?

7 Likes

TEST

6 Likes

Okay, I had to cheat for that one. Discourse wanted a complete sentence, as @chgoliz said. All-caps wasn’t the issue.

(Now Discourse wants me to consider replying to several posts at once :roll_eyes:)

6 Likes

Discourse-ting, ain’t it?

7 Likes

If only I could pick and choose — some features from Discourse, some from Datcourse…

8 Likes

Oh.

I was thinking more commercials for things like paint, makeup, breakfast cereal that stays crunchy in milk, shampoo…

Guess I gotta work on getting my head in the gutter.

9 Likes

10 Likes

What does that mean? Googling it gets no closer to the TRUTH.

4 Likes

I had to do some googling and guessing before I figured it out. The acronyms vary a bit. ETMLI5 seems a bit more common, and stands for “Explain to me like I’m five”*

*< Pedant> “As if I’m five”. < /pedant>

6 Likes

Yeah, I normally see it written as “ELI5” (like the subreddit) but it was close enough that I could figure out the remainder of the acronym.

5 Likes

*< Pedant> “As if I were five”. < /pedant>

9 Likes

Sentence fragment consider revising.

9 Likes

Excessive irony.

9 Likes