Random Silly Grins

Don’t forget Much Binding in the Marsh!

7 Likes

Which brings to mind Pavement Narrows, Saskatchewan.

6 Likes

I was always fond of Eyebrow, Saskatchewan since finding it in 7th Grade Social Studies when we had to exchange letters with a school in Canada.

5 Likes

You’ll have to explain this one. To me anyway.

4 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

Just a joke about a community so lacking in significant features that a highway warning sign serves as its name.

Hardly worth it, was it?

6 Likes

I thought you were connecting me to underground Canadian humor. Instead I got a road sign joke. You’ve ruined my Sunday.

8 Likes

Sorry. In atonement, I offer this small sample of Canadian place names.

Sign leaving Climax, Saskatchewan:

(Regina, Saskatchewan was originally named Pile-of-Bones, but that was not considered dignified for a provincial capital.)

13 Likes

My Sunday has been greatly improved.

12 Likes
4 Likes
13 Likes

An oldie but goodie, which I looked up due to a conversation today. Sweet potatoes, baseball bats, and dogs have ended up intertwined in my mind…

9 Likes

OMG, I can’t breathe, that is so damned funny!

8 Likes

Oh man, I am sitting here literally laughing out loud like a fool! But that is so perfectly doggy-type thinking, going by experience with my own furry babies.

6 Likes

So glad we have cats. They just throw up hair-balls occasionally.

And drink water from our glasses.

Oh, and pee on puppy training pads (looking at you, Dyson).

And poop on them sometimes.

And sometimes on the floor.

9 Likes

But, your sweet potatoes are safe!

5 Likes

Relatively safe. And so long as you don’t leave them sitting on a counter or table where they can be pushed off.

6 Likes

Ally stole a few cherry tomatoes to play with. Didn’t eat them, though. I think.

6 Likes

I used to know a Siamese who ate corn on the cob.

My old cat was gaga for spicy food. She also liked to steal French fries off my plate, but I think that was more of a stealth exercise, even though she did eat them. She would also nibble at hummous, and at the minced chick peas I used for falafels. Also nacho chips (play hockey with, nibble, play hockey with some more).

I can’t remember her ever getting into sweet potato, but I wouldn’t have put it past her.

9 Likes