Random Silly Grins

9 Likes

That’s an inhuman centipede.

9 Likes

Inhumane, at the very least.

5 Likes

Well, if that’s what they’re into, who are we to judge.

It’s the flow of things going the other way we have to worry about.

5 Likes

I’d forgotten about this comic strip…

2 Likes

Thought it was time for an avatar upgrade, Mr. Lomax from the Outer Limits.

6 Likes
9 Likes

I tell ya, “The Family” found humor in some pretty dark places.

2 Likes

You reminding me of Mr Lomax today is an odd coincidence. Because today I got my first pair of glasses, a light correction but with heavy-ish frames, and I look a bit like this:

10 Likes

I’m the opposite. Light frames, heavy correction. It looks like I’m part insect.

6 Likes

Lomax is a handsome guy, amiright?

I love that episode. Stylish - the circular lens motif is repeated throughout:

4 Likes

Stylish, yes, and frankly more intimidating than some over-blown character like, say, Thanos.

4 Likes

Twitter thread deconstructing superheroes.

9 Likes

Pretty much all DC. Just saying.

8 Likes

It sounds, from the ending, like this was all happening in the same continuity, to the same criminals. It’d be hard, under those circumstances, to include Marvel heroes.

It’s be nice if she did a separate thread for Marvel heroes, though.

3 Likes

The DC heroes always have been hard to justify in terms of costume. The most popular ones, except for Batman, don’t even wear masks – their “secret identity” depends on them never having to polish their eyeglasses in public.

Spider-Man at least makes a point of truly trying to hide his identity, while Captain America never tried to hide his (covert mission work notwithstanding).

7 Likes

And, at some point, you’re going to have to decide whether you’re discussing the MCU version of a Marvel character, or the comics version.

Which, from what I understand, isn’t so much an issue with Cap or Spidey, but with Iron Man (is he publicly Tony Stark, or “Tony Stark’s bodyguard?”) or Thor (is “Donald Blake” an actual alter-ego, or just a quick fake ID?), the idea of secret identity is much different on the screen, compared to on the page.

If you’re referring to who I think you’re referring to, I think that particular hero could see through their eyeglasses even if they got covered in black paint; I don’t think “having to polish them” would ever be an issue.

5 Likes

Iron Man with rotary-dial chest plate.

3 Likes

I was thinking of Wonder Woman, but yeah, him too. And although you’re totally right, he’d have to at least clean his glasses because his mild-mannered alter ego doesn’t have X-ray vision.

4 Likes

UPDATE:
Upon further consideration, I have decided I now look more like a combination of Stan Freberg and Calvert DeForest.

That is all.

8 Likes