Random Silly Grins

6 Likes

No, she was still in Memphis with Marie.

3 Likes

Where have Armstrong and Miller been all my life? This is hilarious:

1 Like

Sound on.

6 Likes

(thread, naturally)

10 Likes

That’s a dangerous weapon he’s got there.

3 Likes

Stop fucking with the weather, witches.

4 Likes
11 Likes

haha, “NATURAL 20, WHOOOOO!”

8 Likes
14 Likes

It was all the Telephone Man’s fault, even though some other Blondie was shouting out demands to call her;

11 Likes

Once, in my misspent youth, the phone was out, so I serenaded the empty line with a medley of many of these tunes.

7 Likes

The correction was printed in the July 17 1969 issue, page 43, underneath this half page article

Spacecraft, Like Squid, manuever by ‘Squirts’.

All part of the Special Supplement Apollo 11 Man and the Moon. (pp29-48)

1 Like

In a desperate effort to quantify the awfullness of the latest Dr Dolittle movie, slate ranks the Dolittles from 1-50.

3 Likes

[…] and more importantly, without any explanation whatsoever as to why we consider one Dolittle better or worse than another—here is Slate’s official list of Dolittles, […]

I can respect that, but it does kinda’ make you wonder when two of the top ten are described as “a direct-to-video film in which Norm MacDonald provides the voice of a dog.” :laughing:

What I really want to know is what used to be #50 and got pushed off the list by the Downy Jr. pic.

3 Likes

Have you noticed that when a numbered list is copied, discourse tends to do it’s own thing?

2 Likes

You’re right! I copied some of the Dolittle list, and pasted it into the Reply text window, which looked like this (screenshot):

and it comes out like this:

1. Dolittle (2019), a feature film starring Robert Downey, Jr.
  2. Dr. Dolittle 3 (2006), a direct-to-video film starring Kyla Pratt.
  3. Sears Polydore Doolittle , author of several excruciatingly dull agricultural treatises including “The Mosaic Disease of Cucurbits” (1920) and “Muskmelons” (1951).
  4. The Doolittle Report , a 1954 study of the C.I.A. in which James Doolittle concluded that the Soviet Union’s perfidy meant “norms of human conduct do not apply” to the Cold War.
2 Likes

A live-tweeting thread of a first-time viewing of The Princess Bride:

11 Likes

this is exactly the antidote to monday i needed.

4 Likes

Reading that was pretty damn entertaining.

5 Likes