Random Silly Grins

Near the end, you can see the hand holding him. Still, it was sweet to watch!

1 Like

i said it was delightful, and i will hear nothing more about it.
:upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Anyone else here love these things?
http://www.vintagespringriders.com/

3 Likes

I need me a Crimnee:

A friend used to refer to Coke in this manner, so I decided to make my own sign (well, to clean up and modify a real one).

Turns out it was an old Topps bubble gum card.

Mine’s better. Pooh.

7 Likes
7 Likes
9 Likes
3 Likes

I have a thing for character actors and actresses, have since I was a kid. They were never beauties, only people who looked familiar to me - like folks in the 'hood, or my extended family, et al. Or because they just projected a warm, loving feeling whenever I saw them. In any case, this man really was great, both on and off the radio-waves and the screen:

5 Likes

HA-cha-cha-cha-cha-cha!
buddy of mine gave me this belt buckle, some kind of charity promotion. never worn it but it’s pretty cool.

6 Likes

My favorite Durante scene:

3 Likes

How sweet! Thanks for sharing that with us!

Jimmy was a BIG supporter of the Shriners and the Fraternal Order of Eagles; from his Wikipedia article:

On August 15, 1958, for his charitable acts, Durante was awarded a three-foot-high brass loving cup by the Al Bahr Shriners Temple. The inscription reads: “JIMMY DURANTE THE WORLD’S MOST FAMOUS COMEDIAN. A loving cup to you Jimmy, it’s larger than your nose, but smaller than your heart. Happiness always, Al Bahr Temple, August 15, 1958.” Jimmy Durante started out his career with Clayton and Jackson and when he became a big star and they were left behind, he kept them on his payroll for the rest of their lives.

Durante’s love for children continued through the Fraternal Order of Eagles, who among many causes raise money for handicapped and abused children. At Durante’s first appearance at the Eagles International Convention in 1961, Judge Bob Hansen inquired about his fee for performing. Durante replied, “Do not even mention money judge or I’ll have to mention a figure that’ll make ya sorry ya brought it up.” “What can we do then?” asked Hansen. “Help da kids,” was Durante’s reply. Durante performed for many years at Eagles conventions free of charge, even refusing travel money. The Fraternal Order of Eagles changed the name of their children’s fund to the Jimmy Durante Children’s Fund in his honor, and in his memory have raised over 20 million dollars to help children. A reporter once remarked of Durante after an interview: “You could warm your hands on this one.” One of the projects built using money from the Durante Fund was a heated therapy swimming pool at the Hughen School in Port Arthur, Texas. Completed in 1968, Durante named the pool the “Inka Dinka Doo Pool”.

4 Likes

It wasn’t his foot. It was the stuntman’s.

3 Likes

It’s hard to tell, but that belt buckle might be 3 feet wide and constructed of concrete.

4 Likes

it was a neat trick getting onto my kitchen counter for the picture

5 Likes

Sometimes I think people focus too much on the racism in Lovecraft’s work

3 Likes

I don’t get it. /s

Here’s a joke:

Q: What borders on stupidity?
A: Canada and Mexico

8 Likes

Well, probably because it wasn’t very funny, but I meant perhaps his gynophobia doesn’t get enough attention. If you ask me, that’s a very suggestive Old One there.

5 Likes

Huh, and I just thought it looked like a christmas tree crossed with a squid and a chandelier.

Just like you see every year on the holidays

5 Likes

Ok, this kind of thing is just begging for the typical overused innuendo, and it delivers. But I feel like this sentence is a work of art:

He got it up over his right shoulder and nonchalantly left the premises, crammed the dildo into his vehicle and drove off.

9 Likes