Random Silly Grins

Who would expect a safe to be dank enough to require one?

6 Likes

I did a bulk order of backpacks that were supposed to be picked up tonight.

More than half weren’t.

So I am now raising the price that must be paid upon pick-up: the previously agreed-upon price plus one cookie.

5 Likes

9 Likes

I don’t know if they can. A friend of mine used to live in a bank that had been converted to apartments (he had a bachelor made from an old manager’s office – built-in mid-60s office shelving, very cool). He showed us the vault in the building’s basement. Even if they had taken the door off its hinges – no small feat in the remaining space – they wouldn’t have been able to remove it from the building without smashing through several doorways and probably the floor above.

They must have installed those things whole and then built the rest if the building around them.

10 Likes

Picked up this game at a garage sale.

Loved this in the instructions.

“(The rules of an intriguing and interesting game, must inevitably seem to be slightly boring, but these rules have been drawn up as briefly as possible and with a little concentration, should be easily understood).”

9 Likes

I was thinking taking the door off metaphorically, of course. Of course. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Have worked in various bank facilities; can confirm. The vault is put in place first, then the building built around it.

10 Likes

Perhaps more of a terrifyingly accurate, what have we done? type grin.

17 Likes

This is chinese santa right.

8 Likes

9 Likes

I <3 Neil Gaiman… :smile:

8 Likes

Effective. :slight_smile:

I remember David Duchovny claiming he tried to go on some X Files message boards, back in the day. But this was before image uploads were a common feature, and there was nothing he could state to prove himself which any fan wouldn’t have also known.

9 Likes

Probably, anyway.

6 Likes
13 Likes

I know (or believe) Mitch Pileggi was cruising some of the AOL message boards back in the day. I’d written a defense of the character in reply to someone snarking on Skinner, and got a “thank you” email in reply… from him. He was using a generic user name, so I have no proof it was him, but according to others on that board, it wasn’t the first time the actor had done that. It made my day! Somewhere I think I still have a printout of his reply. And to this day, I’m a fan of his. I’ve watched some real stinkers just to see him act. He seems like one of the nice ones. :blush:

And just maybe because he’s so easy on the eyes… :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

That’s so cool! And agreed about the aesthetics. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

These are some good points!

6 Likes

I remember on usenet, perhaps one of the cult movies newsgroups, someone posted that Bruce Campbell didn’t seem to get enough work, and he apparently posted a response saying, don’t worry about me, I make a goooood living. Can’t be certain it was him, of course, but we wanted to believe.

11 Likes

But what about John Titor?

1 Like

14 Likes