Random Silly Grins

So who were these caroots aimed at? People who liked the Beatles but had never heard them?

4 Likes

4 Likes

There were a few. The Jackson Five and The Osmonds, to boot.

Then there were the fictitious ones like Josie and the Pussycats.

6 Likes

ETA: apparently, there is context.

19 Likes

and the Partridge Family!

5 Likes

So itā€™s not the fact that it seems to be rambling?

11 Likes

The Monkees too; like the Partridge Family, they had one actual singer and one actual musician (who could also sing), but otherwise the rest were for show.

8 Likes

Well at least the Archies performed their own music!

2 Likes

True, though they got better. :wink:

8 Likes

Like bill and ted?

2 Likes

As an engineer, Iā€™m not sure why the OCR programs donā€™t use n-grams, word frequency analysis, etc to smooth everything over. For example, why in Godā€™s name would anyone or anything think ā€œpauiEjqo aq jou pjnoqs juauiAolua jEnxas 3ApsaĀ§ip aqj jo ajnjEu uappiqjoj puEā€ means anything except ā€œoh shit, the book is upside down, I should fix this post hasteā€?

But the perpetual 12-year-old in me is glad that we have such poor OCR technology, because otherwise, we wouldnā€™t have:

ā€¦ without speaking, knelt down by his bed-side, and took him in her anus .

And:

Lizzie took him in her anus , and sat down to hush him.

And:

Jimmy stopped, recognized her, and broke into piteous sobs, crying for sheer joy, as she took him in her anus .

And basically every time anyone takes anyone else in their anus.

12 Likes

I wonder if the reverse mistake ever happens? :thinking:

8 Likes

ā€¦And here we have the planet Yur Arms.

12 Likes

Well, I, for one, like these new versions. You may say itā€™s not as romantic, buttā€¦

15 Likes

Just so long as we donā€™t need to hear about the weird things coming out of (or going into) your arms, itā€™s fine.

11 Likes

And as she took him in her arms, she gasped at the strange and new feelings it produced inside her.

11 Likes

That was my first thought. I completely missed how accomplished she was with sphincter control until I read the context.

A good copy editor could have tightened that up a bit.
Unlike her anus.

10 Likes

And while we are talking romance novelsā€¦

Original tweet when the unroll disappears.

8 Likes

unsecured portal of an electronic voting source code

All right, I now know how many tech advisers they employed to help write this novelā€¦

5 Likes