RIP. Don't let the door hit where you split

Yes, I’d forgotten all about that.

He had this rambling way of speaking that made no sense at all out of context. For example:

These, they’re very dangerous. They trap you. Especially these furry ones; it’s these furry guys that get you in real trouble. They can reach out and listen to something so – keep it respectful here.

7 Likes

Bush Sr. also bought into and stoked the flame of conservative moral outrage over The Simpsons. Mind you, this was season one, the boringest season. Conservatives lost their fucking minds over Bart: a child who had no need for the father-figure, who was at best indifferent to his parents, if not openly antagonistic toward them. Bush addressed the nation in a televised speech to specifically demonize the Fox network programming, specifically The Simpsons.
The “family values” types were not having it. A child famous for disobeying? the sky is falling! the sky is falling!

The strange thing is that these alt right kids all hate zombie Simpsons and have embraced that era of shows as normal Americana. which it always was. As the political pendulum swung so far right in that era that Dems embraced neoliberal econ and dumped ties to workers, the cultural pendulum swung progressive so hard that even the MAGA crowd unironically embraces Married With Children, rap music, and the Simpsons.
it’s completely bizarre.

11 Likes

No wonder he’s trying to strangle Homer

4 Likes

Now I’m picturing Bush whispering to brief his team as they carefully enter a furry convention while looking totally bewildered and out of place - except for him, who’s wishing he could could’ve ditched his retinue and snuck in wearing his fursuit. :rofl:

8 Likes

He was actually talking about a hot mic, but I like your explanation a lot better.

7 Likes
6 Likes
8 Likes

The Mrs scored one on her hate pick list today…

13 Likes

he either killed himself or someone had him killed but made it look like suicide, but either way, it was done so that he wouldn’t testify against the powerful clients he had. which sucks. we needed him on the stand.

ETA but otherwise I’m glad he’s dead, though I would’ve preferred that it was by flaying rather than something so quick.

6 Likes

Kinda weird that today I went to a service at my mom’s temple and during the Kaddish, the prayer for the dead, I decided to say it for him. I guess I see now a tormented spirited now released from this earthly plane it felt like a relief to say goodbye to this troubled soul.

I still would like to see justice for his many victims, which include all of us who were lied to by the men who chose to participate in harming girls instead of living honest lives.

15 Likes

15 Likes

Dunno that we have the right thread for this doodyhead’s demise. “Let the door hit where you split” seems more appropriate.

6 Likes

What did the poor door ever do to you?!

6 Likes

Doors are tough. I’m sure they can inflict more damage than they take, even endure the sh*t stains hitting someone like Doodyh David Koch would leave on them…

4 Likes
12 Likes

I love this comment:

“I was very saddened this morning to learn that David Koch didn’t die a lot sooner.”

11 Likes

This is unkind, so I’ll just whisper.

Overall I give Koch dying 4 stars. Not as satisfying as Phyllis Schlaffly, but close.

11 Likes

Fuck 'im.

11 Likes

Not even for the obscene amount of money his wife is going to inherit.

5 Likes

Nephew, apparently.

6 Likes