RIP. Don't let the door hit where you split

“Goodnight, baby."

5 Likes

It’s about time.

4 Likes

Bye Felicia!

3 Likes

I recall him referring to all the wars in the 20th century as “Democrat wars” in a debate once – I think it was the debate between him and Mondale in 1976. He was such a mean character, and a model for republicans since.

4 Likes

To be completely honest, I just sort of assumed he’s been dead for years.

2 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes
8 Likes

Yup, I heard the news and said out loud, “good”.

2 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes

A perfect example of folks supporting and voting against their own interests. I can barely understand white straight folks supporting No. 45, but any people of color and/or LGBTQA+ supporting him…nope, I don’t get it.

3 Likes

But I did enjoy the time I spent with my mom watching “Baretta”. And he performed in vaudeville as a kid - how many of those folks are left now, I wonder? Another weird thing: He was born in Nutley, NJ - an ex-bf of mine was from there, Sicilian/Neapolitan.

2 Likes

I loved Baretta when I was a kid. It was so hard when he killed his wife and learning what a scumbag he was. I feel a lot of mixed emotions about him, because I only knew the part of him he showed in his acting, and obviously not the human behind that. I guess Rest in Peace? Not sure what you say in this case. Seems like we need a phrase to capture something to the effect of “I’m neutral about you but you are dead now, so so long.”

2 Likes

yeah, all the obits are saying that the death of his wife is what he’s going to mostly be remembered for now, but i had actually forgotten about it – i guess i didn’t pay much attention to it at the time. my first thought was “aw man, Baretta died.”

I had no idea he was in the Little Rascals!

4 Likes

To me he was always In Cold Blood and Treasure of the Sierra Madre.

2 Likes
10 Likes

Awww, I thought it was Kissinger, but this is acceptable.

8 Likes

This is one of those moments where I almost wish I believed in hell.

9 Likes

Yea, me too, but I have a glimmer of hope that his last earthly thought was that he was going to hell. I just hope he had a massive “oh shit of fuck” moment just at the end, it’s the least he deserved.

7 Likes