Schadenfreude Pie

So, they may or may not be in contact with me today. The did remember me…vaguely.

5 Likes

I wish you the best luck… :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

So. My female friend that lives not too far away that doesn’t have a medical cannabis card (yes, I know it’s legal here today, but there’s no shops open nearby us) and so has me buy for her came over and we went to the dispensary…

…and I found out her only daughter, who’s turned out to be an IAP, and is all about money and appearances, basically DISSED her, my friend, at her wedding last week.

Almost as bad, my friend went into serious debt - hair, skin, clothes, blah blah blah - for her her daughter. But because she isn’t rich and Republican, she was basically blown off.

I feel bad for her, I REALLY do…but I didn’t say, why the fuck didn’t you just be yourself and the hell w/your daughter? - because I don’t rub the salt in. And she did try to do the proper and caring mom things and her kid just FTTT! blows her off.

If I ever meet her daughter, I may cause a scene. My matriarchal indignant feelings kinda outweigh the schadenfreude right now.

2 Likes

I don’t actually understand how this story is related to Schadenfreude at all

1 Like

Because even though I do like her and she’s a friend, I can’t help but think, a tinge gleefully, “What was she thinking? She’s the mother-of-the-bride, and if the bride is treating her like crap, why did she pay all that money only to be treated like crap?” And I felt so fortunate that I don’t have to worry about my son disrespecting me in such a fashion. (which is good and bad, lol).

Because FAAAAAMMMMMIIILLLLYYYY.

People feel obliged to do stuff.

1 Like

It’s so pointless, though! If my son was getting married and I was told I had to have a facial, get my hair, makeup and nails done a certain way, I’d laugh in his face, then tell him to go find another mother-of-the-groom.

Bets on how long the marriages gonna last?

Addendum: This is the same friend who didn’t tell me until the day before I thought she’d need me to drive her to the wedding that she didn’t.

2 Likes

For her bother’s wedding, my wife was told by the bride to get her face made up and her hair done, both professionally. Hah. Her other brother’s wife arranged her hair, and she used some lipstick but that was it. (The mother of the groom has short hair and has allergies.)

The bride turned out to be physically abusive and our brother’s getting a divorce. So I guess that counts as schadenfreude!

5 Likes

You know the dating advice that says to watch how your date treats wait staff, because that’s supposed to give you insight into how they will treat you on the future? I think the same goes for how people treat their own weddings. I’ve seen both bridezillas and groomzillas (and couples where both of them are like that), and it’s often a sign of them being controlling.

3 Likes

Indeed. We could see the controlling part, but we don’t know how and when it got to be so bad.

2 Likes

Don’t know if this belongs here or not…

There’s a storage company that I pass by on my way to and from the veterinarian. They’ve had miscellaneous propaganda signs on the lawn in front of the building for some time: “It’s the Economy, Stupid (and it’s growing!)”, “Drain the Swamp”, and, of course, “Trump 2020.”

(It’s entirely possible that some drivers give the finger to those signs as they pass by, if traffic allows. It would be juvenile, but I can definitely imagine at least one person’s done it at some point.)

I drove by there today after my dog’s checkup (she’s fine.) Oddly, the Trump 2020 sign was down on the ground, not visible from the road. I’d say it might have blown down, but we’ve had mild weather, and all the other signs seemed untouched.

Poor, poor sign.

:smiling_imp:

(No, I didn’t do it. I’m wondering if the business owners are starting to have second thoughts about the Orange One.)

9 Likes

9 Likes

#thoughtsandprayers

5 Likes
  • Getting off of a benzodiazepine addiction is tough; withdrawal seizures are common, and they can kill.
  • North American doctors are aware of this, and wanted to wean him off the dangerous addiction with other drugs. Therefore, they are all puppets of the pharmaceutical companies.
  • So he flew off to Russia to get treatment, where the doctors have the guts to treat him as a man should be treated.
4 Likes

So near, and yet so, so far… :cry:

4 Likes
5 Likes

new york times says

fascism without theatricality is still fascism.

5 Likes

Arpaio’s Mini-Me can still lose in the general election

6 Likes
9 Likes

Amazing how all the rich crooks in the world know each other.

5 Likes