Site Bugs?

Is it a known issue that the dates in the Crazytown Thread for last year are presented as being on the 17th of whatever month they were posted in, regardless of the actual post date? That looks like what’s going on, for Aug through Nov at least.

5 Likes

Are you sure they’re saying Aug 17 and not Aug '17?

7 Likes

Oh, maybe that’s it. I should’ve made the connection. My big LCD monitor died and I’ve fallen back to a blurry old CRT until I get a replacement. My bad.

(It’s blurry AF, I’ve had to increase font sizes just to read things.)

7 Likes

Hovering over the date should give you the full date and time.

5 Likes

For whatever reason, we can’t use more than one emoji in a title. It can be done at TOP, but I just tried it here and got an error message.

dog%20pug%20confused%20head%20tilt%20question%20marks

8 Likes

Apparently there was a new setting introduced in a recent update which restricts the number of emoji in a title, and it defaults to 1.

I have updated that buzzkill setting to instead limit it to 1337. Hopefully that will be enough.

15 Likes

Bah, 31337 or go home.

(kidding, kidding… :wink: )

10 Likes

5 Likes

9 Likes

If I start typing a respons and click “cancel” without deleting everything first, the tab goes dark and unresponsive.

2 Likes

Is this occuring in just Firefox, Warerfox, Palemoon, Chrome, or Brave?

2 Likes

Waterfox.

I lost my last Firefox installation after testing something on Nightly. I was unable to restore. I had hurt myself when I’d configured that installation, so until I find safe instructions to safely configure Firefox for safety, I’m not going to risk trying to configure another Firefox installation. I’ve asked, but all anyone has offered are the installation instructions, which don’t cover how to safely configure Firefox for safety, as opposed to for accidental harm.

3 Likes

I get a confirmation overlay ( Are you sure you want to abandon your post? [Yes, abandon] [No, keep] ) in that circumstance. Is there any chance something from Stylish/Stylus or other customization is interfering and keeping you from seeing that overlay?

Maybe try assuming the overlay is there but invisible: press TAB twice to put focus on the “No keep” button then press ENTER?

3 Likes

Returns me to the index page, still darkened. I suspect it’s a user css incompatibility, but I’m not sure what might trigger it.

3 Likes

☆☆☆Random animated Gifs follow☆☆☆

Testing: 3.16 MB

Testing: 3.79 MB
ghostbusters%20nominee

Testing: 4.04 MB
Upload fail: over 4096 kb message given

Looks like we have a new posting limit for Upload files. Is this a Cafe tweak, or a general Discourse change? Because I seem to remember the limit was 3 MB before.

5 Likes

It’s a default, but it might be a new(ish) one. Given the note about Apache/nginx, I’m not sure if changing this alone will correct it.

What would be a more reasonable limit?

4 Likes

I’m not complaining, since it’s larger than the previous default. But I just noticed that and thought I’d test it, since I think it changed… or maybe I’m thinking of TOP. (Those are probably the only two Discourse sites I use.)

3 Likes

I’ve definitely seen the message at BB more frequently.

We’re doing OK on space, so I’m not against increasing the limit if people are running up against it enough to be an annoyance.

I’d like to see a plugin or some other functionality that re-encodes gifs into a more efficient format similar to what jwz did. It would be fascinating to see how that would affect our storage needs.

6 Likes

Why no one-box?

I have used 2 different links, one-box always worked before.

4 Likes

Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!

You can search Twitter using the search box below or return to the homepage.

4 Likes