Stuff That Really 'Grinds My Gears...'

What IS it about guys with that name? I’ve never met one who wasn’t an out-and-out jerk in some way, shape, or form.

8 Likes

I actually knew a really cool guy with that name growing up, a long-time friend of my sister’s.

He was the first guy I ever knew who was secure enough in his own sexuality to let us drag him up in make-up… though he did not make a particularly attractive queen.

Then one day, someone shot him, and he died.

:frowning:

17 Likes

The last good Jeff, then. And it’s great that you have such a sweet memory of him.

11 Likes

I had to have been like, ten or twelve at the most; I hadn’t thought about him in years, til you mentioned the lack of good Jeffs…

10 Likes

My best friend from high school was a Jeff. Haven’t seen him in over twenty years - nobody was able to track him down for any of the reunions.

And I’ve read Jeff Goldblum is pretty chill.

15 Likes

Well, I flagged one of his posts in that thread and called him out on abusing his staff account, so let’s see how that goes over.

9 Likes

Personal experience for me says Steves are worse. I have known so many terrible Steves.

10 Likes

And my son is named Steve and my musical partner’s name is Steve. Who knew?

Given that logic - or whatever the hell I’m doing, lol - you probably have better luck with Jeffs than I do.

8 Likes

they’ve been waxing the floor in my lab for 24 hours now.

it looks great. but … good enough? time to be done?

let me in.

so weary.

also, periods post-breastfeeding are gnarly.

15 Likes

Migosh, what does your lab do with that floor, test dancing shoes?

10 Likes

We used to be an herbarium, so there’s quite a bit of rust on the floor.

It looks lovely. But I want to do my server maintenance, then go home and bleed out.

13 Likes

I could never understand why the corridors at work were polished over and over and over with a machine when you could basically eat off the floor. Same for the windows.

Meanwhile the rainstorms in the men’s bathroom continued . . . .

9 Likes

This is the first time it’s happened in my two years, so I’m grateful! But also, I didn’t realize this would cost me my lab two days.

10 Likes

My Mum insists all Steves are brats. She has one as a father-in-law and one as a son, so I guess she’d know.

7 Likes

My son…well, you know about him, I think I’ve written about him. And my musical partner? Well, if one’s soul determined one’s body, he’d look like this:

That’s how nice he is. Unless you find this unattractive; then, use your own image of what a male with a BEAUTIFUL SOUL would look like if his outer appearance matched his soul.

@teknocholer - corrected because perhaps you simply didn’t get the context, or whatever.

8 Likes

stranger-things-steve

6 Likes

​Obligs:

8 Likes

Okay. My apologies.

5 Likes

Accepted and forgiven. And jeez, I was having problems - don’t ask how, lol - with the link to the gif, wasn’t I?

I just…I can’t stand even having his name in the same post-box as mine, LOL! I have to FF any video with him in it or just not watch it. His voice…oh gosh, don’t gemme started!

5 Likes

I opened my window to let a little fresh air in, and a moth fell out onto my sill. By the time I got back with a suitable weapon, it had disappeared.

I don’t see it flying around. Where is it?

6 Likes