Stuff That Really 'Grinds My Gears...'

Did they ever get complaints about it not working in the lower environments?

4 Likes

ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

4 Likes

So I resigned last week from an organization that refused to protect me in their spaces from my harasser.

This morning they tried to use my content to promote their org on twitter. It feels like theyā€™re trying to punish me for resigning. I dont like it.

12 Likes

And my carā€™s ā€œcheck engineā€ light is on, and itā€™s starting to smell more fume-y now. GREATGREATGREAT.

I am seething with frustration now.

6 Likes

The check engine light could be from the exhaust leak (o2 sensors); the chain auto parts shops will generally scan the engine codes for you for free.

5 Likes

Iā€™m taking it back to the shop where I had the exhaust work done. SIGH.

Iā€™m sick of walking, you know?

5 Likes

Oh sorry, I missed that a shop had already worked on it. That sucks, and boo on them.

4 Likes

I got the car last Monday and the day after, the connection between the resonator and the pipe rusted out. Itā€™s an 2004 Toyota Solara, a gift from a friend of a friend; and the Carfax printout doesnā€™t mention a new exhaust system being put on.

Itā€™s okay, I probably put the car stuff either on the FuckThis or the Bleakness n Me threads.

5 Likes

Ahh the weekly-ish journey to the grocerā€™s to buy food to replace the exact same food that has gone off while sitting in the refrigerator.

9 Likes

That sounds so like the pain Iā€™ve been dealing with in different terms. I banged my head so long and so hard over these error messages that were coming up through so many countless layers of abstractrion and indirection - where does our code even fit in there, what are we trying to achieve? It was all nonsense. Finally at long last got some sensible error messages and actually actionable failures that I could deal with and errors I could understand and work from. Itā€™s been days though!

I felt so close to giving up.

Weā€™re getting wayyy too fancy with our software people. Like to the point that those of us who do this all day every day donā€™t know what weā€™re doing or how to keep it from blowing up whatever youā€™re doing tomorrow. Weā€™re trying, but weā€™re kinda building things we canā€™t even maintain.

Sometimes we think we know what weā€™re doing, but we donā€™t.

6 Likes

I donā€™t really have anything to add to this, but I felt like my single :heart: was insufficient for expressing how much I agree with this sentiment.

8 Likes

Iā€™m hiring a maid and a person to get the kids from school and if my husband doesnt like it, he can wash a dish or cook a meal.

15 Likes

Messages like this:

Potential Buyer Ā· Assorted Craft Stuff - LAST MARKDOWN!!! - $20 TAKES IT ALL!!!

Conversation Information

Potential Buyer Ā· Assorted Craft Stuff - LAST MARKDOWN!!! - $20 TAKES IT ALL!!!

72/250

Save

Marketplace Details

Assorted Craft Stuff - LAST MARKDOWN!!! - $20 TAKES IT ALL!!!
$20 Ā· Warren, MI

Lucy Gothro
](https://www.facebook.com/messages/t/2532758410093232#)

• [

11:08 AM

Potential Buyer named the group Potential Buyer Ā· Assorted Craft Stuff - LAST MARKDOWN!!! - $20 TAKES IT ALL!!!

Potential Buyer changed the group photo.

Potential Buyer

do u still have this stuff? is it free?

5 Likes

Just GUESS what I want to say!

What I did type, was this: ā€œYes, I do, and um, no - itā€™s priced as marked in the ad.ā€

ADDENDUM: Her explanation, which I didnā€™t C&P, was along the lines of, oh well I know people change things and I was just checking and thereā€™s a lot of stuff there and it wouldnā€™t worth paying for it to look through it but it would be if it was free.

FUCKINā€™ RILLY, lol? I let her know in the most courteous manner that I needed the money as I had no job and that there actuallyā€™s a lot of stuff in there thatā€™s vintage, PLUS the heavy-duty tub is being thrown in.

And her name was Tiffany Spliff, not Potential Buyer.

10 Likes

And no word from my last employerā€™s HR manager who said I could come back BUT she has to talk to the call center manager - and thatā€™s not happened yet.

ā€œI mean you could start Wed the 16th, but I just want to confirm with you that you do have reliable transportation, and your attendance would be stellar.I still have to confirm with CCM.ā€

That was from last Thursday, 10/10. SIGH.

7 Likes

AAAAAAAAAAAAAANd, I got the email - they canā€™t use me right now but they will let me know.
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTT: The job interview went really well. The son of the owner (Iā€™m guessing heā€™s actually a co-owner) said he liked my resume best out of all the ones that were sent in! And he liked me, too!

10 Likes

Thereā€™s never a solution, but thereā€™s always hope.

7 Likes

And I feel as though that good olā€™ weight oneā€™s always hearing about has left my shoulders, making me feel freer - even if I was in fact free previously, I didnā€™t feel that way - to pursue better opportunities.

7 Likes

ā€œvandalismā€

1st, in English, ethnonyms are capitalised, and 2nd, Iā€™ve never seen any use of that word that had the slightest thing to do with the Vandals.

2 Likes

Yeah, what did Vandals call it when someone defaced things?

Probably whatever word in their language that meant defaced. ā€œScapiaā€ means ā€œto createā€; wonder what its antonym was?

2 Likes