Stuff That Really 'Grinds My Gears...'

We’re pretty sure it was his ‘plastic fetish’ that led to our last cat’s unfortunate demise; he chewed on the rubber-like draft guard which I had adhered to the bottom of our front door with gorilla glue.

8 Likes

Yes. My Semi-annual spring cold has arrived. I knew last night when I went for my evening nightcap and nothing looked good.

So, I’m well enough I can’t just lay in bed, sick enough I can’t get any meaningful work done.

So I’ve cleaned up OneNote. Updated some code for a inconsequential script. Ignored a lot of emails that will take actual thinking.

Tried to clean the bedroom, but was quickly disabused of that notion when everything started spinning.

I’d just not do “Work” work, and take the day sick, but I get bored doing that, so I might as well do some IT janitorial work.

8 Likes

:frowning:

He doesn’t go for anything other than cellophane crinkly sounding stuff so we just need to be sure we get all the wrapping or what not or the cat will get to it.

4 Likes

Clam chowder recipes that include bacon.

3 Likes

That grinds your gears?

Also, who does that?

3 Likes

Indeed, it does.

Apparently lots of people do that, which is almost as bad as that abomination that Manhattan calls clam chowder (with tomatoes instead of cream base).

6 Likes

What the actual fuck?

Bacon and clams at the same time is just wrong.

Tomatoes and clams are no better.

4 Likes

I’ve been eating corn chowder with bacon sprinkled on top all week. Maybe people got confused?

10 Likes

I lahk it awwwwl.

5 Likes

No Micheladas for you then I assume?

7 Likes

5 Likes

I’d like them a lot more if they didn’t make them so picante. I can do a little chile, but not too much. Flavor-wise, mmmm-mmmm-good!

But what do I know? I drink bread 'n butter pickle juice and ask for extra ginger at the sushi restaurant.

6 Likes

My partner doesn’t eat the pickled ginger, so I’m usually good on that count.

But Bread n Butter Pickle Juice. No. BnB pickles are an abomination before the Old Gods and the New. Dill Pickle Juice? Sure, drink that by the pint, but BnB? Aw, Hell, naw!

5 Likes

How about mussels steamed in broth with white wine and diced tomatoes? Careful, you will be judged
on your answer.

Or Bloody Caesars?

6 Likes

Not a fan.

I’m very picky about my seafood, in general. That goes double for shellfish.

Aren’t we always?

:wink:

I don’t do clams outside of chowder, New England style.

I don’t do oysters or mussels at all.

6 Likes

All the more for me. :smile: Although I’m really indifferent to oysters. Mussels and scallops are my favourite bivalves.

Fun fact: Mussels are about the cheapest seafood going. A couple of bags of mussels, a loaf of no-knead bread (https://www.thekitchn.com/noknead-bread-i-35556), a big salad, and you can feed a crowd for pocket change.

edit: In the spirit of the thread, feel free to complain if derailers grind your gears.:blush:

5 Likes

:𐌽𐌹·𐌼𐌰𐍄𐌾𐌰·𐍆𐍂𐌰𐌼·𐌼𐌰𐍂𐌹𐍃𐌰𐌹𐍅𐌰:

2 Likes

I went looking for a glug-glug-glug (drinking) image, but evidently many people don’t understand the difference between it and glub-glub-glub (drowning).

Like “awwww” and “awe”.

This really grinds my gears.

9 Likes

Oh, yes. You can hear the metal-on-metal when I am confronted with this.

Also, when people talk about something being a mute point.

12 Likes

Goes without saying.

13 Likes