Stuff That Really 'Grinds My Gears...'

Probably.

8 Likes

Well itā€™s your fault for buying fixtures made out of semolina flour and aluminum foil!

9 Likes

What was I thinking?

12 Likes

And Iā€™m back.

Iā€™m glad I happened to be home, because I was scheduled for internet hookup on Thursday, not today.

16 Likes

Bloody millennials, taking all of the romance out of itā€¦ :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

ā€œHave you tried turning the faucet off and on again?ā€

18 Likes

:rofl:

10 Likes

Are you quite sure itā€™s plugged in?

14 Likes

Loud gasoline-powered painmowers should be phased out, possibly in favor of sheep, goats, or even more loud honking geese.

4 Likes

Why do I so readily agree to dinner plans with acquaintances that I know I will not enjoy.

In truth, I know why. My partner asks and, barring an actual scheduling conflict, Iā€™m going to say yes.

I guess I do not have any ā€œbetterā€ options for the night, but I just donā€™t feel like putting on my social face tonight.

14 Likes

Ah, been there, especially large gatherings. There needs to be a pill for headaches. Not curing them, causing them.

6 Likes

If I canā€™t be social, I shouldnā€™t be pressured to be social.

Sometimes it really takes a lot out of me, and it still doesnā€™t really work. Meaning, Iā€™m physically present but literally unable to make conversation.

It isnā€™t a cop out, itā€™s me needing a break when I know I need a break.

13 Likes

Oh no, NOT geese! :scream:

5 Likes

FWIW, Iā€™m finding more and more situations where it is now considered perfectly normal to go to work-related events/meals without a +1. Enough people are in relationships where both people have obligations (work, family, etc.) that they canā€™t just drop everything, and itā€™s becoming more mainstream to acknowledge that fact.

I can count on one hand the number of times Iā€™ve brought a +1 to a work-related thing, even when I was married, but Iā€™m no longer the only person coming solo to these things.

Check with your partner about how much she actually needs you to be there. Itā€™s possible she will be judged by co-workers or bosses, so you might not have the option, but why not explore the possibility?

12 Likes

So I found out today that the doctor here in TJ that had been interested in me is getting married next week. Apparently, an ex-boyfriend showed up a little bit after my difficulties last holiday season, and then solidified the relationship during the time my phone fried and my polyps had kept me down for a couple of months.
Iā€™m happy for her, and believe sheā€™s a good person in general, but I really wish people should inform all parties that they are weighing options, so as not to waste othersā€™ time.

19 Likes

Uggh. Sorry to hear that.

9 Likes

Iā€™m not really mad, just feeling likeā€¦meh.

6 Likes

And leaf blowers too, please?

6 Likes

Could you take a Dyson-type electric motor and make a leaf blower with it? :thinking:

5 Likes

Iā€™m happy that my immediate family has a ā€˜welcome but not requiredā€™ policy, including the option to take separate transport so anyone can leave whenever they need/want to. At the bigger family gatherings, a small anxiety/non-social club has developed, where people share medication, weed, and pointers to good recharge areas (ex: ā€˜the room in the basement with guinea pigsā€™ or ā€˜the path through the woods behind the garageā€™).

16 Likes