Posting things I never did before
Inside out and coming back for more
No one hocking any bamboo sheets,
New Bluetooth every other week
You put me in a situation
Goinā€™ through soft core mutation

14 Likes

Thought I should say hi.

Iā€™m Brett, Iā€™m a web developer, remote worker, husband, dad and board game player from Wellington, New Zealand. Iā€™m @glutnix everywhere, especially Twitter.

Iā€™m currently roleplaying an immortal bipedal moose named Maple Clamphoof in the Badass Dragoons of the Highlands forum game running at the moment. I draw derpy art for these things on my phone.

I also remotely GM a weekly Pathfinder group at my workplace at lunchtimes. Weā€™re playing through Rise of the Runelords.

I like :cheese: and :computer: and :couch_and_lamp:

28 Likes

anee lighten meant to ill human, mate

not all that broadcast brightest bee

not all that glimmers is gold.

4 Likes

Follow the arrows on the floor.

4 Likes

Donā€™t throw the past away
You might need it some rainy day
Dreams can come true again
When everything old is new again

13 Likes

This isnā€™t my first arrival here, but Iā€™ve been gone for long enough that I thought it appropriate that I post here.

To anyone who worried about me during my long absence (and especially to @Wanderfound for screwing up the Banestorm RPG in the Other Place): I apologize for leaving without any warning.

I have a bit of an obsessive personality, and Iā€™ve found that cold turkey is about the only thing that works when I get obsessive, but thatā€™s no excuse for not giving notice before I went cold turkey.

Itā€™s been long enough now that I might be able to reset my usage patterns to something a bit more moderate (add opposed to resuming the old ones and trying to catch up on everything is missed in the interim.

Howā€™s everyone been? What have I missed?

30 Likes

Some posts?

Welcome back. I donā€™t think I was here yet when you were here the first time. But I recall you from TOP.

8 Likes

Welcome Back.

Welcome back, your obsessions were your ticket out
Welcome back, to that same old place that you laughed about
Well the names havenā€™t all changed since you hung around
But those dreams have remained and theyā€™ve turned around
Whoā€™d have thought theyā€™d lead ya
(Whoā€™d have thought theyā€™d lead ya)
Back here where we need ya
(Back here where we need ya)
Yeah we tease you a lot 'cause we got you on the spot
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back, welcome back
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back

19 Likes

Also, TOP = That Other Place. You may have missed that.

6 Likes

Yes, thatā€™s what I meant. Is there another meaning? (Answer: there always is!)

3 Likes

Nah, Iā€™m down with the hip new lingo.

4 Likes

giphy-downsized (3)

7 Likes

Wait a minute, this place is tropical?

Never mind then, Iā€™m out.

(j/k, thanks for the welcome!)

6 Likes

It is if you want it to be.

7 Likes

Google tells me Iā€™m 1.3521Ā° N, 103.8198Ā° E so Iā€™m going to say yes, but your mileage may vary.

Welcome back:)

6 Likes

Null Island is directly on the equator, soā€¦

5 Likes

Iā€™m sure we can offer you a more temperate welcome, if thatā€™s what you prefer!

8 Likes

Welcome back! Youā€™ve been missed.

As for the game, we had a big of a segue wherein characters of the people who dropped out were left behind and some new characters joined on, we had a significant encounter that made us all question our responses to threats, and we traveled to a mysterious new city where adventure awaits. Since then, weā€™ve kind of stalled out a bit. But the game lives! (Even if itā€™s a bit dozy at the moment.)

How have you been? What sort of adventures have you been up to?

7 Likes

Just for clarification if itā€™s needed, Iā€™ve renamed myself with the assistance of the management. I decided it was time to start tidying up my www presence. Voyna i mor* is my nick on The Register, which is my main site for commentarding, and a few other places, so Iā€™ve gone for the closest approximation here.
Iā€™m not going to change things on boingboing because I think Iā€™m likely to die out slowly there.

ā€¦the poster formerly known as Enkita.

*Itā€™s a kind of joke. Pushkin described the history of Russia as ā€œVoyna i morā€ - war and plague. Tolstory changed this to ā€œVoyna y mirā€ - war and peace. I have interests in military history, and medicine. And I learn Russian for this reason; Iā€™m quite severely deaf and totally nonmusical, but there seems to be evidence that learning music does something to stave off dementia. I suspect that it doesnā€™t have to be music but learning something with a structure and a different symbol set from the usual numbers and letters. Russian fulfils that. I would have preferred Hebrew, but there was no local teacher available.

10 Likes