The Nazification of America

There were also concentration camps (forced work camps) along the Mississippi when the levees broke in 1927. Everyone in the camps were black. This shit is not just a couple isolated incidents in history.

14 Likes

Another connection made (for me, anyhow). I remember reading about Gingrich et al converting, but that they were prepped by an Opus Dei priest was something I didn’t know. That makes more sense.

4 Likes

Doesn’t surprise me. 1 in 3 catholic bishops worldwide are complicit in this scandal. Not sure how many priests, but I believe it’s a similar proportion who either did something or else knew something was happening and did nothing to stop it.

6 Likes
10 Likes

So… they skipped the obvious part where they obtained menus and ingredient info from prisons to verify what the interviewee said (Cornish hens? Are there even enough Cornish hens in the US to feed a notable chunk of the prison population?).

Not to mention the obvious part that the prison guards aren’t incarcerated. In theory, if not in real life, they could get other jobs.

And the “laughing at us” part: I thought that was just a regular part of prison culture anyhow.

Finally: how many of those prisoners voted for Trump? Oh right. They’re not allowed to.

12 Likes

There are something like a trillion chickens on this planet, more than any other vertebrates.

I’m not sure exactly what makes a cornish hen a cornish hen, but I see these little birds in the butcher shop labeled “fowl - for soup only”. Not exactly high quality meat, but it’s possible they could be mistaken for cornish game hens. Hell, they’re closer to cornish game hens than Salisbury steak is to actual steak.

5 Likes

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that I doubt bone-in poultry of any kind is served in many prisons, on account of the way the bones can be made into very pointy objects. But, most of my prison knowledge comes from TV, so I could be totally wrong…

7 Likes

I’m about the same as you, but I think that’s a perfectly logical conclusion. That no-one seemed to challenge the interviewee about this just makes it weirder.

5 Likes

These little chickens, or pigeons, or whatever the hell they are are meant to have the everlovin poop boiled out of them until they fall off the bone, and/or are strained out. But even that is way too fancy for prison cooking, and one can turn a drumstick into a shank fairly easily. Prisons probably buy their soup ready made. So there goes my “soup fowl” theory.

6 Likes

That requires (gasp!) journalism!

6 Likes

“Gavin founded a beer drinking club that was fond of Animal House and humor,” she wrote on Nextdoor, echoing a falsehood about the group that he has long maintained. “He NEVER led a hate group[…]"

:roll_eyes:

11 Likes

Keeps reminding me of Monty Python’s Piranha Brothers sketch.

“Oh, that weren’t no Nazi salute! We was just waving, all friendly like! It’s all just a misunderstanding!”

12 Likes

What human excrement those two are.

5 Likes

They still have a ways to go before I put them on the same level as human excrement

4 Likes

Apparently, that’s where “When the levee breaks” comes from. idnkt.

7 Likes

Great article. Thanks for sharing.

6 Likes

Fuck these guys.

15 Likes

with a full-scale steel model cactus

11 Likes

…sideways…

9 Likes

Is it bizarre to anyone that someone would say quite literally that I think it is okay for gay people to be lynched. I mean, they’re not shading this at all, or pretending that there is some civil rights concern. It’s just like, “Gay people, it’s fine to kill those worthless souls.”

12 Likes