The Nazification of America

For the love of all that’s good, DO NOT READ THE COMMENTS.

8 Likes

I didn’t. That’s why I couldn’t warn anybody. I assumed they’d be a shitshow.

6 Likes

I was expecting a shitshow.

I wasn’t expecting that. That was a shitshow on the level of “if Sharknado had instead hit the world’s largest manure pile and carried it into downtown Manhattan at rush hour.”

ETA: Distressed but not surprised that my phone has “Sharknado” programmed into its autocorrect.

9 Likes

If Sharknado was the size of Jupiter’s red spot.

4 Likes

Nawp, nawp, nawp; that’s that exact same concern trolling bullshit they come at the Black community with every time they try to fuck with reproductive rights or Planned Parenthood, trying to blame all the problems they created on single Black mothers.

Fuck the dumb.

I literally can’t, for my own mental well being; I was already depressed last week.

Again, how are these assholes not being hacked and doxxed?

11 Likes

Perhaps less depressing:

Just a little alleged cooperation between Nazi-adjacent groups.

3 Likes

Yeah, I get that. You gotta take care of yourself before you can fight for anyone else. I figured the title was its own TW, though. If you¹ read that head, under this topic and are shocked that it’s horrible… I can’t help with that.

¹generic, not specific you.

3 Likes

No worries; I can already imagine how devastating the sound of terrified crying children is, all too well.

I’m staying aware of what’s going on while still being selective about how much exposure I get. Meanwhile, I’m also looking to do some volunteer work for Families Belong Together.

6 Likes

Does anyone else see the white swastika?

3 Likes
11 Likes

To be honest, I see a pinwheel.

5 Likes

I just called my R senator, about the children being separated from their parents. The DC number was busy, and busy and busy. The number in the closest city where he has an office has been disconnected. The person I spoke to at another office sounded as disconnected as that phone, like she didn’t even fucking care. I hope every call she answers today is people complaining about this.

I wrote it out ahead of time, and managed to say it without breaking down, so that’s good. Once I calm down a little I’ll call my congressperson.

17 Likes

And keep an eye on Resistbot’s twitter feed! They did a letter drop last night, where all digital messages to R senators were printed and carried to their offices. Every letter counts - the visual impact of a big stack of letters is important.

7 Likes

Only if I squint, real hard.

4 Likes

Yeah, I can see it – but it looks to me to be just pareidolia.

2 Likes

Swastikas are everywhere. The logos for Sun Microsystems and Columbia Sportswear, ceiling vents, an arrangement of buildings at the US Navy base in Coronado, any place where four rectangles are placed end-to-center with each other. That’s why it’s been such an ubiquitous shape throughout the millennia. It’s just that easy to make.

5 Likes

well whaddayaknow

I have no idea what to think.

ETA: Ah, I get it. A plan to further blame the Democrats.

6 Likes

Sometime it happens by accident

5 Likes

This is excellent.

I called my MP today to see if any of these turds can be charged with crimes against humanity or crimes against children at the ICC. It’s unlikely that Trump can be charged, as a sitting head of state, but no such protections exist for his minions.

15 Likes
3 Likes