The Nazification of America

Fox news fails are often funny, but completely subverting their own propaganda like that, right at the conclusion, is hilarious! :rofl:

10 Likes

Why does Fox News even need to write that down? Itā€™s everything weā€™ve heard before. I could have written it for them!

6 Likes

An example of how the real special snowflakes pretend itā€™s Those Others who are spoiling everything:

7 Likes

Superbowl ad buys have always sucked, itā€™s just that the Fox writing team is finally an old enough crowd of millenials to see through enough of it to be bored.

The game sucked too, so thereā€™s that.

6 Likes

I knew the guy responsible for the Bud Bowl. I saw his video of greatest hits. It was really funny in a really stupid level of humor. I mean, just the bottom of the bottom of potty humor - but also, funny and clever. I donā€™t see much funny or clever about beetloaf.

6 Likes

i actually thought the Burger King one with the old Warhol footage was brilliant. even better, i read that while he really was eating a Burger King burger, in the original footage he actually wanted McDonaldā€™s, but they didnā€™t have one on hand for him to eat ā€“ so in the interest of saving time he just ate the Burger King one for the film.

6 Likes

[sheepishly raises hand] Iā€¦ I like beetloaf.

I also like kugelis (Lithuanian potato/onion loaf served with sour cream) but havenā€™t had a really good kugelis since Chicago.

6 Likes

but on the humor level, itā€™s a no go for me.

5 Likes

That kugelis sounds good. Iā€™d prefer it with applesauce though.

BTW we once had a cat named Kugel, who lived to be almost 19.

Kinda OT here . . . Sorry.

4 Likes

ā€œIā€™m so sad the TeeVee didnā€™t sell me enough shit.ā€

I canā€™t imagine a life in which Iā€™m upset not to be pushed towards ever increasing amounts of mindless consumerism.

Thanks to Fox News for showing that there is truly no bottom, I guess.

10 Likes

But we all need body spray!

6 Likes

The bill also conditions Medicaid eligibility on reported work, a policy that requires low-income residents to report a specific number of hours of work or volunteering in order to keep their health care coverage. Last week, Christensen describe his provision as a ā€œwork effort,ā€ however, and likened the requirement to the stateā€™s work requirement for food assistance, which requires beneficiaries to apply as job seekers with the state. In Arkansas, Medicaid work requirements have resulted in a dramatic [loss of coverage]

8 Likes

The Covington Bois are trying to SLAPP down all criticism and fallouts of the racist bois.

7 Likes

As soon as ā€œthe kidā€™s parents hired a PR firmā€ came out, Iā€™ve been marveling at how rich the family must be, and how no-one seems to be covering that angle.

Talk about affluenza. Now itā€™s about 1%ers ā€“ wannabe 1%ers, more like, since Covington doesnā€™t seem that exclusive ā€“ covering their tracks.

The funny thing is, the way news cycles go these days, theyā€™re Streisanding it by doing this.

14 Likes

Covington is where Jerry Springer used to go to buy hookers.

4 Likes

Meaning itā€™s low-rent or meaning itā€™s high-rent? Sex workers have a very broad salary range.

6 Likes

Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky are more seamless than people realize. Iā€™m not sure if Covington is any more or less run down than the rest of Cincinnati, but my impressions are that it is a little dingier and not much of a ā€˜thereā€™ there. Then again, Cincinnati itself is badly segregated and has parts way sketchier than Covington. So, iā€™m not really sure whatā€™s so special about Covington that I need to pick on it, but I was just offering the first mental image that comes to mind whenever anyone mentions Covington to me.

6 Likes
6 Likes
10 Likes

If this is true-- if theyā€™re offering a billion dollars for Trumpā€™s white-power wall-- then they are fucking collaborators.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/top-lawmakers-meet-to-revive-stalled-border-talks-with-shutdown-days-away/2019/02/11/3cd0fc1a-2dff-11e9-813a-0ab2f17e305b_story.html

5 Likes