The Pets Thread

Now Nyla likes to stretch out with her footsies on the keyboard.
It makes typing diffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffficult.

7 Likes

Toe beanz!

2 Likes

Ernie has a thing for buttons.

9 Likes

What a cute kitty! I like his profile.

I see you’re wearing matching clothes. :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Cat hair camouflage, and yeah his nose is majestic

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Well this is interesting

I think this got posted in the wrong thread. Where did you mean to put it? I’ll move it for you.

2 Likes

LOL, thanx! It was Well this is interesting.

1 Like

Moved

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

2 Likes

From very early this a.m. This is kind of a new thing, her going to my bed instead of a hidey-place. She must like my smell. She also has started going outside before demanding food when I get up in the morning/early afternoon. Then she wants to eat outside, which is fine because she now nearly cleans the bowl/plate completely.
IMG_20220918_231630

3 Likes

Sona is 20 today!!! :birthday: :cake:

10 Likes

What a sweet little old lady! I hope she gets some lovely treats and strokes to celebrate.

6 Likes

May she always have sunshine and a clean litter box! All hail Queen Sonja!

4 Likes

Thanks! We plan to give her a special treat for dinner.

Here’s a pic from when she was a wee lass:

9 Likes

8 Likes
5 Likes

i’m backing either Larry as PM (or at least interim PM, and Lord Buckethead for PM.)

3 Likes
3 Likes

I had to say goodbye to Felix today.
For over 9 years he has been a good, loyal friend and a loving, lovable adopted child.
It’s been a good run; he had a much longer, happier life here than he would have had in the alley he was born to.
But he should have had many more years.

He recently started losing weight and breathing rather heavily.
I took Felix to the vet. I had every intention of bringing Felix home and giving him a treat, maybe after a dose of antibiotics and a vitamin shot.
The vet did an ultrasound and found fluid around his heart, along with some sort of growth nearby. The prognosis was not good.

When I adopted Felix I made an unspoken contract to shelter him and provide for his needs to the best of my ability.
Sometimes, though, there is no cure. Nature has decided to separate us, and the best I could do was to send him on his way, to spare him from needless suffering. I see that as part of the contract as well. Bringing him home today would have been a selfish act; he would have suffered more in his short remaining time, and I could not allow that.

Nature gives us nothing. She only lends us things which she takes back, sometimes cruelly, over time.

Remember me with love, ya big, spoiled mooch.
I hope there is a better place after this one, Felix, and that you are there. I hope our paths join up again somewhere down the road.

FelixAtDaves_cropped

R.I.P. Felix
adopted 2013.05.18
birth est 2012 1Q or 2011 4Q
deceased 2022.10.31

13 Likes