The Pets Thread

What a nice tv pal. Pretty eyes.

9 Likes

@nemomen and Princess Pricklepants have a wonderful post on their blog with lovely photos

https://princesspricklepants.com/2018/04/28/princess-pricklepants-and-the-open-letter-to-the-australia-tourism-bureau/

14 Likes

Image found on the intertubes.

That’s the way cats roll.

21 Likes

Well that seemed like a total waste of a trip.

7 Likes

And, I would totally waste a trip in similar fashion, if I had y’know… the money to make it happen.

7 Likes

Millie and Anabelle sitting in the chair. Someone must be guilty of something.

10 Likes

Weez not fighting, weez playing! Yeah, weez playing! Honest!

14 Likes

Jeez, Manny, that’s where the mouse goes!

But it’s probably my own fault for doing this when he was a baby kitten.

20 Likes

Your demon kitty is adorable.

8 Likes

15 Likes

And he knows it. He takes full advantage.

7 Likes

I had a tiny little visitor on one of my bonsai trees. The frog is cast iron and that’s where he lives, but the little hopper is just visiting. The trunk of that tree is a bit smaller than the diameter of a chapstick. It was my father who set it up, growing out of the rock, but he gave it to me this Spring.

And, bonus George, enjoying the day before the lawn mower comes along to harsh his mellow.

9 Likes

Is that hopper an albino something or other?
George looks very content.

5 Likes

I have absolutely no idea what it is. I just noticed it while checking on the moss (which is coming along quite nicely).

George specializes in being content, I think. We speculate that he was dumped in the country, near where we live. He was living rough in the barn behind our house for a couple of months before he trusted me, but he’s fixed and knows how to live with people. After that experience, I imagine he’s glad to be living in the lap of (relative) kitty luxury.

8 Likes

This is Lady, the newest member of the household:

14 Likes

Already quite at home!

4 Likes

She really wants to play with Gretta and lick her face. Gretta isn’t sure about that yet, but being nearby is fine as long as she’s not pushing too much.

4 Likes

Those attentive expressions. I bet she’s a smart cookie!

4 Likes

She might be too smart.

Today she managed to get out of her kennel (we’re not supposed to leave her and Gretta together unattended until they get more used to each other) and destroy a sandal. But the kennel door is still latched, and it doesn’t latch or unlatch easily even from the outside.

9 Likes

Ok, as I’ve stated in the Crazytown thread, I’m on the good meds now, and feeling productive and inspired for painting. However, I still have a financial hole to climb out of, and as quickly as possible.

The cats need dry food. I was feeding them ProPlan, but need to go down a notch until things get better. Any mid-grade brands someone could recommend? I never want to have to stoop to Friskies or Whiskas if I don’t have to, or is the nutritional gap not that serious?

6 Likes