The Pets Thread

It’s not already?

4 Likes

I don’t care either way. I think it’s one of the cutest and funniest 'shops I’ve ever seen.

It also is a good example of how white people smile at POC in passing on the street, lol.

4 Likes

Ruby likes to sleep next to the edge of the bed, parallel to my calves. That is “her” spot. Today is the third time she’s stretched and rolled off the edge. This time I was close enough to attempt to save her, but failed. Now she thinks I pushed her, and is giving me the stinkeye.

9 Likes

11 Likes

Hedgehoggerific!

4 Likes

…and wit’ toebeenz!

Not pure-pangoliness?

4 Likes

Okay, so this time, Tasha (my old kitty) was lying on the table and rolled off while she slept. Thank goodness I put my sneakers in that precise spot just a couple of hours before. They cushioned her fall.

WTF is the deal with my cats, and their tendency to roll off things?

10 Likes

Perhaps your surfaces are all concave downwards. Turn them all upside down and see if the cats still do it.:thinking:

7 Likes

Dammit, Manny. I’ve moved this guy like 10 times today but it’s raining and he doesn’t like that.

13 Likes

Yup, same here. I paint at the table, so I can sit while I work. Tasha has decided to start napping at the edge of the table, and pushes things like my brushes and turps out of her way.
And the fur! If I ever become famous, they’ll be able to identify my work by Tasha’s fur embedded in the paint.

ETA: And there went Ruby. Rolled right off the table. Shaking my head.

14 Likes

Isn’t that called mixed media?

10 Likes

Here’s Millie after a night of vice…eating the toilet paper.

Or as the kids call it, “Chasing the White Dragon”

But, she’s old and if that’s the worst she gets up to, I can let it slide.

10 Likes

My first humming bird feeder. Left the phone propped up and recording on the windowsill and hoped for the best. :slight_smile: I have never lived in a place where the birds were common before. I am tickled pink! (crank the volume to hear the wings humming)

ETA my mom’s place has a lot of windows and a patio, so I got a bunch of fake flowers and mini red-topped food containers from the dollar store to make some diy feeders. I am happy to say that they all are being visited. Woohoo!

14 Likes

Cool! I never knew that the “humming” was actually real – I thought it just came from the appearance of the wings.

6 Likes

My SO likes to sing duets with our cat Talia as she’s delivering food. It’s amazing how Talia will insert “meows” at the proper times. I decided to get in on the action:

Me: That’s the way
Cat: meow meow
Me: I like it
Cat: meow meow

Though I doubt KC and the Sunshine Band were referring to breakfast.

12 Likes

People mock those toilet bowl lights, but I am seriously thinking of getting one.

Because the alternative is turning on the bright overheads when I get up in the middle of the night, or risking a call to the plumber because Parker has left one of his toys in there again.

And no I can’t close the lid, because he also would rather drink from it than any fountain or bowl.

Friggin cats, man. :cat2:

11 Likes

We have a small plug in night light in the bathroom that can be set to white, blue, or red. It stays on red which is enough light to find most things with night vision but not enough it leaks out and bothers you in the hallway.

8 Likes

I only have a razor outlet in the bathroom. Seriously annoying for stuff like this.

5 Likes

Is that a cream tabby or is it just the lighting?

3 Likes

Oh JFC so much this. One of our cats is a master of rolling off counters and such and it’s terrifying to us whenever it happens.

9 Likes