The Pets Thread

Tasha got hit with a bad case of fleas this week, probably from the street cats which have mysteriously disappeared.

I went to a local veterinarian to find oral tablets for her and Ruby, and when there, encountered – the biggest, fluffiest white and orange floof I have ever seen! He was a big boy, like Maine Coon big. However, I didn’t have my memory card in my phone. One of these days I’ll go back to take a photo.

He was so sweet. He cried to be petted, and even let me hold him like an oversized baby. So adorable!

10 Likes

Cool!

I wonder if he was a Ragdoll. They’re like super-affectionate Maine Coons.

8 Likes

Nice action shot! Good girl!

6 Likes

Copper, Oreo, Patty and Fluffy, and M&M.
Patty already put up her Christmas stuff and wanted to take a holiday pic, then she proceeded to crop out the tree almost entirely but w\e.
I took about 20 to get one with everyone sat and faced forward.

18 Likes

Omg. So much cuteness in one pic!

7 Likes

I don’t know if I have mentioned this, but most times when I am listening to music on my MP3 player, my cat will freak out and get puffy tailed if I get too close. Except for one band. There is one band he’s okay with.

Queen. Yes, somehow with only brief contact, my mother has turned my cat into a Freddie Mercury fan.

13 Likes

What kind of non-Queen music do you play?

My old cat hated any and all punk, but liked Philip Glass and other modern classical composers. Whenever we moved house I would play all of Einstein on the Beach to help her settle down.

9 Likes

Mostly your bog-standard classic rock… Exactly the niche that Queen slots into.

The rest of it, he hates, or it freaks him out. I dunno. He’s a weird cat.

7 Likes

I have one cat that seems to like trip hop, another that seems to like Dead Can Dance and one that likes new wave. They all run away from rock, punk, ska and metal.

7 Likes

Did that cat happen to enjoy the release party for Something for Everybody? Although that was eight years ago…

(I’m bummed they took the whole version down)

5 Likes

I want one of those biggish carpeted cat-approved energy domes.

ETA: Long live DEVO. I love that album!

4 Likes

Your cat likes Brian Aldiss?

4 Likes
3 Likes

I took this photo a week ago, but it pretty accurately reflects my current feelings on the workday. Plus, it’s Iris, and she is pretty.

13 Likes

Beautiful! I love it when they stick their tongues out like that. Except our first cat, who would do that while meowing in anger. (Other than that she was a really sweet cat.)

5 Likes

I think it’s super cute, and it gets me every time!

I did have a cat, who at the end of her life had some lesions in her mouth. She would stick out her tongue, but it made me sad that it was because she was unwell. LC was a fabulous kitty, even as a little old lady. RIP Shorty and LC, best of friends all their lives, and excellent lap warmers.

9 Likes

Here’s Lyta and Talia in the basement (when they first arrived). Talia’s making a face for the camera!

13 Likes

Such a sweet face!

6 Likes

Rest assured, Manny Pearl was not injured, and not traumatized by this. But, it was funny, and we did laugh.

Yeah, we laughed, but the whole thing only took like 20 seconds. Poor little fuzzbutt.

10 Likes

Your cat obviously knew that Mercury was a cat fancier.

8 Likes