The Pets Thread

I think my dog might have a broken rib. I don’t think the vet can even do anything but pain meds for that.

13 Likes

It’s just sternum arthritis! I was seriously concerned this might be some end of life stuff, but instead, it’s something easy to treat!

14 Likes

Yay!

6 Likes

He’s in way worse spirits today. We were going to have the first dose of arthritis meds delivered via injection at his tooth cleaning Jan 3. But we’re going to have to go get them tomorrow. His sternum won’t allow enough expansion to eat right. I hope that’s all it really is.

11 Likes

We got them. He has resumed eating … too early to tell what will happen, but we’re hopeful!

8 Likes

His breathing was quite bad last night, and we thought he might be in real trouble. Breathing still a bit labored, but able to keep food down! Went on a slow, but long, walk.

8 Likes

Sounds like it’s improving slowly but surely. It was good you got the injection done right away. Fingers crossed for the best here.

5 Likes

We went back to the vet yesterday. The breathing troubles were caused by a huge tumor in his rib cage. We planned to put him down today but he died in the night. Buried him at my in-laws ranch today.

Drinking.

18 Likes

I’m so sorry! A thousand internet hugs to your family.

11 Likes

omg. gutted. condolences to you and your family. what a sweet looking boy :’ (

11 Likes

My condolences :frowning_face:

10 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s always devastating to lose a member of the family.

10 Likes

Loss of a pet is so hard. I’m so sorry.

10 Likes

What a sweetie! Beloved to the end, which is all he ever wanted.

Take care of yourself, despite your grief.

10 Likes

Thanks, y’all. We buried him in a nice little grove. Gutted we weren’t there for the last moments, but glad he was somewhere familiar that he loved.

14 Likes

When my Mr. Boy died, it happened while I wasn’t there, and it destroyed me. My partner told me that my very devoted kitty went on his own time, to spare me having to watch. Maybe your sweet boy let go when he did to spare you, because he loved you.

11 Likes

I’m so sorry.

9 Likes

All my thoughts and sympathy in your time of loss.

9 Likes

I made wreaths for gifts this year.
Copper and I delivered this one to my homie.

14 Likes

Very sorry.

5 Likes