The Pets Thread

A friend took a picture of Sona:

Reminds me of the first pic we saw on the humane society site:

15 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry. What a sweet looking doggo!

6 Likes

I got home after my surgery tuesday, my family set me up on the couchā€¦ and the cat was totally freaked out. She kept hiding and peering at me with big wide eyes, like I was a stranger (she is very much into stranger danger!)! It was probably the head gear I had to to help with the discharge from my nose, but it was kind of funny.

But sheā€™s purring in my lap right now, so all is good.

13 Likes

You might look funny, but you smell like Mom, so all is forgiven.

10 Likes

Headgear? I didnā€™t get no stinkinā€™ headgear.

Are you willing to post a pic for those of us with morbid curiosity?

8 Likes

?

12 Likes

Ah, fuck. Iā€™m sorry.

9 Likes

It took her about a day or so before she finally would come back to me, actually.

It was just a strap that hooked around my ears to hold some gauze under my nose - head gear is probably the wrong term!:

(not me, of course!)

Also, the first night I woke up literally ever 2 minutes for my mouth going closed and not being able to breath. Didnā€™t sleep well the first couple of daysā€¦ Air is getting through at least one nostril now.

9 Likes

As a medical device professional I can reliably say thatā€™s called a ā€œPatented Dual Nostril Partial Occlusive Apparatusā„¢, with Optional Earlobe Creaser.ā€

12 Likes

Sounds about right for a title! Or a strap, I guess! :wink: Either way, I only wore it for a couple of days. Still having some runny nose, but itā€™s not worse than a bad cold right now.

9 Likes

Thatā€™s good!

4 Likes

Iā€™ve never found them to be useful. I wear a hearing aid all the time and glasses most of the time, and one more thing hooked over my ears just isnā€™t pleasant. When I had my nose fixed a few years ago I just went with packing and adhesive tape.

It is one of the mysteries of evolution why we have such fragile pieces mounted to the front and connected to impossibly complex plumbing.

12 Likes

I wonder about this exact thing! I guess evolution doesnā€™t care if we canā€™t breathe through our noses.

7 Likes

Not to mention, the damn thing is connected to the lungs, sinuses, and middle ear. Extra bonus points for having the connecting plumbing run through the mouth and throat.

Almost as silly as having the reproductive and pleasure apparatus also connected to the drainage outlet.

12 Likes

I think the alternative might have been to remain a single torus with the outside fully convex and the interior fully concave? Also known as a worm?

6 Likes

Hmm, I think there may be some wormy hyperbolic surfaces in there somewhere.

I havenā€™t posted any pictures of Lucy and Tabitha for a while, so here goes.

15 Likes

Ah, ok. Remember to lavage religiously when itā€™s time. It helps a lot.

7 Likes

Wow, they are beautiful!

4 Likes

I love how in the photos they have the same facial expression.

5 Likes