The Pets Thread

Update on the bugs. Apparently they are Asian Lady Beetles and will bite if they land on you. I didnt have this happen. And I didn’t squish any but apparently they leave a stain.

About 10 miles from here a friend had thousands on his barn. They are an invasive species but mostly only cause problems at vineyards where they can get harvested with the grapes and affect the flavor. Blergh.

6 Likes

This is a lovely little merlot full bodied with notes of bug guts.

3 Likes

Seems to me there’s an easy solution. Just explain that their house is on fire and their children will burn.

2 Likes

Boxes!

18 Likes

Cat - “It was like this when I got here.”

10 Likes

Never had a cat who loved cuddling so much as this guy

18 Likes

He is wonderful! And that’s a good photo, too.

9 Likes

Tasha cat snatched a small kettle-style potato chip today, and ate the whole thing. No licking. She broke it up and snarfed it down in 5 seconds.
I’ve seen cats who like to lick the salt, but Tasha is the first cat who’s zeroed in on the scent from another room, came in and snatched it, and ate it.
I’m going to have to keep an eye on her, because she tears open food packaging.

ETA: “Yes, I ate it. So what?”

17 Likes

My old cat did this once with jalapeno chips he tore open. He ate the whole bag and it really wrecked his digestion for about 48 hours.

11 Likes

That would wreck my digestion for about 48 hours!

8 Likes

Yeah, but it’d be fun at the time!

3 Likes

My Tiny was like that with seaweed snacks. I could only eat them if I was willing to share because she was adamant. Plus, I had to eat them fast because she wouldn’t let up until she could inspect the empty package.

4 Likes

9 Likes

Cat crazy level three.

18 Likes

I see you have three step cats.

12 Likes

The other two are unwilling to participate in the activity.

A pop up is chastising me for posting more than 20% of the posts, but I feel unrepentant. Because kitty cat attitude is rubbing off on me. Meow.

17 Likes

I have to ask: do they change their step posiitions, or do they choose for themselves the same step, is this representative of a “cat hierarchy”, is there always one step between a cat and the other?

10 Likes

The order varies. Iris is at the top, and I consider her to be the matriarch because of her caregiving, but, she is below Mr. Stud in their pecking order (he is in the middle, and the elder statesman of the crew).

They always leave a step between them, when they do this.

And, Mr. Stud is facing away from the living room window, which isn’t typical. They usually use the stairs as a way to view the room, and sometimes request their hairball treats be served to them there.

9 Likes

omg I love them!

5 Likes

I had a cat that loved, in no particular order: Doritos, popcorn, fresh pea pods, lettuce, broccoli and beer.

She’d cry loudest for the broccoli.

10 Likes