Victory! šŸŒ·šŸ’„šŸŽ†šŸŽ‰šŸ˜Ž I'm a Rockstar!

Good for you! I havenā€™t had a cigarette since November 2014, because of nicotine vape.

In my experience, whichever flavor you select, if you stick with it, will lose its flavor. Like how you stop smelling something youā€™ve been smelling all day. I donā€™t recall how long it took me, though.

8 Likes

Yeh, Iā€™m sure that it will lose some of its scent over time but the reviews I have read of this e-liquid all say itā€™s nice but a little on the sweet side.

They gave me a taste test of at five or six different flavours and this was the least sweet one they had in the shop. I wonder if it might be a cultural thing (a lot of things I have tasted in Italy have been sweeter than I would prefer) and if there are alternatives out there that just taste of smoke or nothing at all. Any suggestions?

5 Likes

I had the best reaction to tobacco flavors, but all the candy ones were horrible. Iā€™m in the US and we seem to favor sweet, too, blergh. I almost wish there was a flavorless one.

The other thing is that around here, a lot of the stores mix their own. Which, I donā€™t know, itā€™s kind of a weird concept.

I like evo vaporā€™s black diamond, but I donā€™t know whatā€™s available where you are.

5 Likes

All of the liquids they had in stock were from the US and I imagine it wouldnā€™t be too much hassle to order more for myself over the internet.

I went with 3 Baccos - Havana. Itā€™s nice but I canā€™t help but shake the feeling that Iā€™m smoking honey-dipped blunt skins instead of cigarettes. Not offensive at all, just sweeter than I would like. Thanks for the tip though, Iā€™ll give it a try once Iā€™m done with this bottleā€¦

5 Likes

My SO prefers the evo timber flavor. I donā€™t like the taste very much, but the smell is more like tobacco.

I also thought I would want to switch out flavors, but it didnā€™t turn out that way.

6 Likes

Dad made it through the surgery, is out of post-op, and is resting in his room now. The tumor had actually grown through the bladder wall, but the doctor thinks he finally got it all out. When he was awake, Dad said it felt like they took a melon out of his stomachā€¦ and the lack of pressure felt good. (He got an epidural.)

Thereā€™s still recovery to get through, and he needs a lot more weight on his bonesā€¦ but I hope I can say ā€œso far so goodā€ without jinxing anything.

23 Likes

Iā€™m so glad your dadā€™s surgery went well. Must be a load off your mind. Hope my dadā€™s goes as well (they found three tumors in his bladder on Monday).

13 Likes

Hope all goes well with your dadā€™s surgery @cheem1 and thank you for the update @Nightflyer I am glad he got through the surgery safely and is feeling immediately some relief.

9 Likes

Oh crap, Iā€™m sorry. If theyā€™re small, they might be able to remove them from the bladder walls via scope, instead of surgery. Hope all goes well for both of you!

8 Likes

Thanks for the well-wishes, to you and @ChickieD. I donā€™t think laparoscopic surgery is in the cards, since the tumors are rather large (2.75ā€ or so in diameter), but we hope it all goes well.

7 Likes

So, I like Turner Classic Movies, itā€™s the only cable I actually watch, Iā€™m not kidding; I also like them on Facebook. Well, they had a contest for folks to submit a Halloween-themed photo (costumes, decor, treats, that sort of thing), so I submitted this:

or was it this one?

At any rate, I WON a mystery treat bag thingy! I have to find out if I can still enter their 25th Anniversary Contest - make a 90-second video dedicating a classic film to someone, with all the whys and wherefores one can fit into 90 seconds. I want to dedicate ā€œA Thousand Clownsā€ (1964) to my late father. He loved it, and I finally, after repeated viewings, figured out why. The prize for that is 25 people get to go to the TCM Studios and go on the air with Ben Mankiewicz (sp?) to introduce said film.
(srsly, those ARE two diff shots!)

12 Likes

I finally got around to watching that because Nicholas Brothers.

Thoughts
1 wow. That is some complicated staging.
2 Iā€™ve never seen the Nicholas Brothers doing backflips like that. Backflips to splits in dress shoes and a suit? They were amazing.
3. Seriously they couldnā€™t have the Black people in the same screen as the white people?
4. The acting was so stagey. Just love how in old movies they didnā€™t try at all for naturalismnor plausibility but it still worked because they were all so talented.

10 Likes

Nope. Made it easier to clip them out in the South.

8 Likes

Iā€™m not sure, but itā€™s not impossible. My dadā€™s first tumor was 2.5", and they called it ā€œsmall.ā€ But I am by no means an expert.

10 Likes

Congrats! But, um, Iā€™m having trouble parsing those images. What is it exactly?

9 Likes

I think itā€™s a small decorated Christmas tree, with a cheerful ribbon-of-lights wrapping. I think the colors are just perfect. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if thereā€™s hot cider with cinnamon stick and a cozy fire out of frame.

11 Likes

Exactly. Thatā€™s the solid, mellow truth.

Well, Tex Beneke wasnā€™t a member of the RA. :grinning:

5 Likes

Daytime photos of my ā€œAutumnal Treeā€. BONUS: Luke included in both pics!

12 Likes

Thanks for the kind wordsā€¦nope, just a tray of cannabis under the loveseat, LOL!

9 Likes

Even better

6 Likes