Victory! 🌷💥🎆🎉😎 I'm a Rockstar!

Yarp…

7 Likes

Fax machines predate the Pony Express, yet they’re still being used now that we can send documents via email :confused:

And @CameronH1403: instant earworm, damn you both!

10 Likes

Baby update?

2 Likes

Was that for me? Still in there, feeling kicks regularly now. We’re having a boy this time, which is different.

I used my second trimester energy boost to assemble the last of my lab equipment and furniture today. Last time I really lost steam at about 7.5 months, so I’m trying to make these next six weeks count.

13 Likes

glad I could be of help…

5 Likes

For myself, my day doesn’t feel complete without someone cursing my name, so thank you both!

4 Likes

Brittany Simon used my question on her recent BDSM/polyamory/etc talk. It was a shorter talk and didn’t get as deep as some of them do, but it was still cool. I missed most of it because I was doing kiddos laundry.

Here’s my mail:

Hi Brittany!

I discovered your YouTube channel about a few weeks ago, and have been enjoying and finding interest in your videos there. Thank you for doing what you do! I think it’s a social service and the makings of a vital community.

So, here’s a question:
What do you think of navigating kink communities as a non-BDSM person? In my time looking for and going to events in my region, and being on Fet, I feel like to so many people kink means mainly activity in the BDSM/power-exchange sphere foremost. As an already fringe queer/autistic/communist person, it can feel a bit alienating, and I struggle a bit with deciding how to adapt to this.

I am not opposed to BDSM, I find it interesting in the abstract, and I encourage others to live it as they see fit. My scene is more medical play, sounding, electro, insertions, etc in various queer, geeky, swinging, and poly combinations. The straight world makes plain that my proclivities are kinky, yet I often don’t feel that they have much place in the real-world kink communities I have encountered, either.

What do you think/feel about this?

5 Likes

Glad everything is going well!!!

I used to teach prenatal yoga and met a few women who stayed vigorous throughout their whole pregnancies, but I know I really slowed down toward the end.

10 Likes

I just reached under my desk, USB drive loosely held twixt my thumb and fore finger, and blindly inserted it into a USB port on my workstation.

On. The. First. Attempt.

I feel like Luke when Ben put the blast shield down and he deflected the seeker’s shots.

15 Likes

I gave a webinar!!! All the tech was messing up but I was prepared and able to speak anyhow, slides be damned. So proud of all I put together for it. I’m going run it again Sunday.

17 Likes

The “Christmas” (?) cactus my mom left in my care:

8 Likes

And I successfully just e-filed my son’s federal and state income taxes!

And mine, too - and we’re both getting refunds! I was worried that I’d owe this year. I’m SO grateful!

10 Likes

I scored my fastest average monthly pace since I restarted running after my last pregnancy! I didn’t think I much cared about pace metrics, but it actually felt really good to see.

12 Likes

Visited with my diet doctor this week:

Down 20 lbs since I started with him over a year ago.
25 lbs of fat.
Blood pressure down.
Pulse down.
Pre-diabetes reversed.

Now working on the next 25 lbs and getting over my asthma.

Really proud of what I’ve accomplished and most importantly, now understand how to eat for the best health for my body.

Also got into some older “skinny jeans.” Hooray!

20 Likes

Very happy for you! Keep up the good work

8 Likes

You just helped me remember - I had a dream last night/this morning that someone told me I should buy some new jeans. I remember asking why, but all they did was look at my low-rise skinny jeans - which I admit, I don’t like.

7 Likes

Thank you. It’s a really challenging diet because no grains, no sugar/honey/sweetener/maple syrup, low meat - including fish and eggs, no dairy, low fat (of both good and bad sorts). The good news is unlimited fruit, which is a life saver, and then you really gotta love the beans and the greens. Bean pasta is a life saver. It’s not like I don’t occasionally indulge in stuff, but it’s still a restrictive diet and hard to do when eating out. I find it easier in the summer when there are a lot of good fresh veggies. But I am finally at the point which he told me I’d get to where I’m just not as hungry.

12 Likes

Congratulations. Sounds like you have a working system. Half the battle there.

8 Likes

Been a real journey. Now I’m trying to focus on the emotional aspect of eating; sugar is definitely my drug of choice.

11 Likes

You will be able to lose the weight. For sure. Just be careful, because that sounds a bit extreme.

5 Likes