Victory! 🌷💥🎆🎉😎 I'm a Rockstar!

Nice one!

7 Likes

It’s not a rock star moment, but I didn’t have to have a root canal! The dentist started with “I’ll have to drill it out a bit to see if we can just give you a new filling, or if you need a root canal. It’s pretty close to the nerve.”

Woot! :grin: Just a plain old filling (well, the newer enamel colored kind, not the really old amalgam kind.)

Plus, my face feels normal again. I’ve never had novocaine affect my eye before. That was weird. And, it was only $260, so that’s nice also. The curtain falls on my personal tooth drama.

20 Likes

14 Likes

At long last, it is mine! My Tord Boontje Dinnerware collection is finally getting the prettiest plate.

15 Likes

I really really like my new job. I’m apparently not a bad salesperson- I sold around $700 of kit while shadowing and not yet having done orientation. Truly lovely team, very laid back. (We also dance on shift, because why not)

18 Likes

You will eventually come across arsey customers. Remember that you only have to deal with them being like that for 10 minutes, they have to deal with being like that their entire lives.

15 Likes

Absolutely! For some people, being just how they are is completely it’s own reward.

And also, @tinoesroho - nice one! I’m happy for you. (Sincerely, sat here with a little smile on my face.)

7 Likes

It got me through many years of customer service, and is generally a good way to approach life, I’ve found.

6 Likes

Indeed! I’m an absolute believer that people (can) make their own reality - in a very practical way. If you’re​ an arse to people, people may give you a chance at first, but quickly learn, and suddenly you live in a world where everyone’s ‘an arse’. (This also self-reinforces.)

5 Likes

Finally had my last day at my current job, after two months serving out my notice period. I feel so much better knowing I don’t ever have to engage with that stresspit again.

I am celebrating in the obligatory fashion:

24 Likes

:thumbsup::beer::beers::grinning:
Congrats, good fellow.

6 Likes

I’ve made my very first appearance on a podcast:

Fair warning:

• This episode is almost entirely about video games.
  • It is approximately three hours long.

I apologize in advance.

14 Likes

Blimey!

Still - yay, you!

8 Likes

This is my second summer in my current apartment, and today I finally worked up the gumption to go out and use the pool.

Hurray for small victories over social anxiety and for actual exercise.

Unfortunately I did learn that my tankini top rides up on my belly.

23 Likes

Yay small victories! Yay for your braveness! Boo riding-up tankini!

10 Likes

Pssst…they ALL do!

11 Likes

Light switch raves are the best raves.

10 Likes

Yeah it’s my first one so no idea if it’s better or worse than average. It does have a full bra built in that manages to be comfortable even with underwire, so still a win overall.

Ugly color but on sale, also half win.

8 Likes

Over the weekend, I gave away a car. It was your basic $500 car, 15+ years old, lots of miles, that might last years, and might not. It cost me nothing more than work, to clean up the interior, because it was really bad.

There is a young man, who I’ve known since he was born, so I gave it to him. I was a few years younger than he is, when my grandmother gave me her old car, and it really helped at the time. I hope he finds the car helpful, but it can’t be worse than the huge POS he was driving before.

20 Likes

RAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNN!

9 Likes