Victory! 🌷💥🎆🎉😎 I'm a Rockstar!

It’s a recessed thing for firewood. I’m planning on making a living garden wall in the back.

Is that a picture of the subject nook?

Yes, next to the fireplace.

6 Likes

That’s a great idea. Can’t wait to see it.

4 Likes

Sounds lovely, and exciting!

5 Likes

There are a few shade tolerant plants here in LA that are good candidates, particularly resurrection ferns. Hope it works out well.

6 Likes

Beautiful light! You and Infantabilum can get in some good picture books there.

5 Likes

I teach a workshop on how to get started making helpful videos. These ladies took the class and guys! I am so proud. Check this out. They are adorable! These are their first videos.

7 Likes

Uhaul fucked up our truck reservation BUUUUUT, I’m laying in my bed in my new house.

Pretty good day.

9 Likes

“No man jumped out, so we’re good…”

:heart_eyes:

Also, they’re right about provinos…

3 Likes

I love their chemistry together. They are so natural on camera.

2 Likes

We had a couple of friends over and finally put together this bed.

We first got it delivered 7 months ago but the footboard wouldn’t fit up our stairwell. It was less than an inch shy so we tried to pull the tops off a couple steps but it was still just a smidge too big.

We looked into getting it cut and welded back but that would cost too much to do in the house.

We eventually got them to send us the deconstructed version of the footboard that can be disassembled into two pieces. And we just ate the cost of the extra piece and the new shipping.

Then by the time we got it we had to wait until we felt safe inviting over friends who had been staying home for long enough.

We still have to get rid of the first footboard but it’s in the garage and out of the way now. We also have to stick the old disassembled Ikea bed in the garage to get it out of my sewing area.

We’ve been sleeping on the new mattress on the floor all this time since we took apart the old bed just before delivery 7 months ago.

And the first footboard had been blocking up the foyer since it was too heavy for just two of us too move.

Now my house is all back in order and I get to sleep in my bed.

8 Likes

Since you have a yard, why not turn it into an arbor for climbing vines? Don’t know your climate, but clematis, wisteria, grape, even climbing roses could be gorgeous against that.

2 Likes

We thought about it but our back porch area is pretty small. We’re in a town house. We actually have a vine with small white roses that was really underdeveloped and just barely hanging on last summer but has gotten bigger this year since they cut down one of the trees outside our fence.

We’re planning on trying to encourage and take care of it this season and try to get a few low light plants for the rest of the soil around the deck as soon as we can.

5 Likes

Beautiful! As is the entire room.

3 Likes

Thanks, I’m most proud of the stuff in there that I’ve painted in matching purple stripes.

8 Likes

Unusual, and it works! Nice.
I love the top of the cabinet.

5 Likes

4 Likes

I’m using the little cabinet as a nightstand. It was this grimey mustard yellow when I found it at Goodwill. Still trying to completely get rid of the smell of spray paint from the inside though. Evey time I think it’s gone, it creeps back when I leave it closed long enough.

6 Likes

Beautiful bed. I vote for drapes on the sides. Because I freakin love drapes in beds. It’s sexy as all hell. Congrats on finally getting it assembled.

4 Likes

I ordered a black gauze canopy to drape over it. I’ll figure out if I have appropriate enough ribbons to use as ties or if I want thicker ones.

I might want thick purple ribbon ties.

6 Likes

Maybe an open container of baking soda for a while?

3 Likes