Victory! 🌷💥🎆🎉😎 I'm a Rockstar!

Yeah I’ve tried scrubbing in baking soda and scrubbing in vinegar. I’ve left in open containers of both at different points. It helps but then the smell comes back after a while.

Another option is leaving it open on its side in direct sunlight but I’d have to haul it down the stairs again so I’ve put that off. I only did that a short time right after painting it on the back porch in the first place to originally air it out. Now it the time of year to try it again though.

I’ve also sprayed linen spray into it and left it closed so that the new nice smell soaks in which also works for a while.

I will eventually defeat it.

5 Likes

That is gorgeous! Congrats on finally getting to sleep in that gothic masterpiece of a bed!

Is it queen or king sized?

3 Likes

We got a king, our friends had all been on our asses these last two years to replace our beat up old full size Ikea bed with something big enough for our new bedroom.

I really wanted something from Haunt but the shipping from Australia was too much trouble and limited to New York or LA then you need to ship from there. No place in the states had that kind of specialty goth stuff. I would have gotten the Nymph bed from there if I could.

Then I remembered that kink beds often have bars at the top like canopy beds. We got this from a place in San Francisco called Dungeonbeds. That’s why the weight is so crazy ridiculous and it took so much help putting together.

Most canopy beds we saw elsewhere didn’t have enough clearance for the stuff I was storing under the old bed. This one was a platform instead of a box spring.

After alot of searching this was our Goldilocks bed except we should have properly measured our stairwell and got the deconstructed option in the first place.

By far the fanciest bit of furniture we’ve ever gotten.

6 Likes

Pics!!!

3 Likes

Not me…but this…THIS IS A ROCK STAR!!!

2 Likes

Ok added fairy lights and canopy. Also changed out our curtains today.

12 Likes

Nice!!!

8 Likes

Gorgeous! Good work you! It’s the perfect lair!

4 Likes

It took literally decades - two, I think - for me to finish this. Or maybe 1.5 And all I hadda do was color it, LOL! Bill Bryan (look him up!) did everything else.

Name the characters and to whom they correspond, if you can! :smiley:

6 Likes

I like it, but what exactly is it?

1 Like

Is that Mr. Peabody and his sidekick, whose name escapes me? IIRC, they have the Wayback machine from Rocky and Bullwinkle.

1 Like

It’s a parody of this cover using Jay Ward characters.

2 Likes

Counter-clockwise, starting at the upper left:
Mr. Fantastic - Dudley Do-Right
The Invisible Girl - Nell Fenwick
The Thing - Bullwinkle J. Moose
The Human Torch - Sherman
Lockjaw - Mr. Peabody
Triton - “Wrong-Way” Peachfuzz
Crystal - Generic “Fractured Fairy Tales” Princess
Karnak - Boris Badenov
Medusa - Natasha Fatale
Gorgon - Aesop
Gorgonson - Son of Aesop
Black Bolt (center) - Rocket J. Squirrel

5 Likes

Well, I got 2, though I completely missed the FF angle.

3 Likes

Just watched/listened to it.

Here is a highlight:

2 Likes

Cool.

I saw Bullwinkle was the Thing, but I didn’t get deeper than that.

4 Likes

I grew up reading the early Marvel Silver-Age comics. I mean, from like four years old, lol.

4 Likes

The Rockstar here is my neighbor to the south, Rory, who just mowed my front lawn after asking if we needed help with it. Whatta nice guy!

He also has a cat and two dogs that I’ve rounded up a couple of times.

8 Likes

Good neighbors are always awesome and helpful!

5 Likes

In was able to submit a paper today, which means I can cite it in the grant I submit tomorrow.

I’m celebration drinking today Having celebration take out tomorrow.

7 Likes