Victory! 🌷💥🎆🎉😎 I'm a Rockstar!

And lo, it is built. I took a needed mental health day. There’s a desk on the right-hand side of it, too. Mattress hasn’t arrived, and I need a kid’s desk chair.

12 Likes

So. I actually figured out - after calling two dispensaries - that (please hold your “duhs” till the end) - that to find out if my MMMP card was valid - callllll the state agency that administers the program and ask theeeeemmmm.

And…and…IT’S VALID! And I got a refund from the IRS after I declared the value of my cashed-in life insurance policy as an amendment to my original 2019 tax return.

Yay!

8 Likes

Yeah! You deserved a good day.

3 Likes

Got that punk book proposal out the door and the editor is going to send it on to some reviewers. We’ll see what they think and if this goes forward to writing stage.

11 Likes

Cool! :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

fucking awesome

6 Likes

Was feeling bad about my business and scared for the future on Monday. Today I applied for funding through the national arm of the Co.Lab which helps businesses start up. If all goes well, I could get up to $150k in funding. Maybe I’ll be a contender, maybe not, but it feels good to try.

This weekend I move to a new apartment. I’m shutting down my office and taking it into the new apartment. I save a ton of money between the new apartment being cheaper and closing the office up, plus I’ll be working from home full time. New place has a pool, fitness room, nice staff - and hopefully they aren’t installing a new Chipotle there like my current place. I was awakened this morning to a steady hammering on the floor above my head. Looking forward to hopefully a nice change of pace.

9 Likes

Kind folk are the rock stars here, the ones that’ve helped me get the $$ i need for car insurance and license tabs.

8 Likes

I called the now retired lawyer who drafted and witnessed my will in Sept 2001, and he has in storage a copy of Tobin’s SIGNED will of May 2002 which I can present to the funeral home. I had been hoping this would be unnecessary but I am a stranger to the probate laws in British Columbia.

12 Likes

Good luck. :heart:

7 Likes

Indeed. It is hard to prepare and light candles for the Viking barge when the mighty Viking warrior asserts all he has to do is wait for the oedema to go down and he has no plans to sail.

10 Likes

Am I a rockstar if I did the right thing and get my auto-license tabs today, instead of waiting till my birthday, lol?

6 Likes

I took my 5 year old on a four mile bike ride and nobody died

10 Likes

2 Likes

Why am I craving chocolate all of a sudden?

:wink:

3 Likes

I just got notice that a million dollar grant I submitted is recommended for funding. I am freaking the geek out.

12 Likes

That’s GREAT! Are there any more hoops to go through, or is that final?

7 Likes

I mean, the money is never final until it’s in your account. I need to update some paperwork, but they don’t expect it to be difficult in any way. My start date is in August.

11 Likes

Yay!

7 Likes

Awesome. Fucking good.

5 Likes