Victory! 🌷💥🎆🎉😎 I'm a Rockstar!

I finally got my radiator back from these guys:

They appear to have done a good job, but you really have to put pressure on them to actually finish the work. This has been an on-going project since the beginning of September. They finally picked it up on September the 25th.

When it left it was covered in crumbling, century-old oil paint and a deep layer of rust. Now it looks so clean I could eat off it, and probably will.

I also added a thermostat to it, which I had to assemble myself, that appears to be working properly. So, again, they appear to do good work but they are tiring to deal with.

6 Likes

Photos?

3 Likes

You may find them here:
https://www.instagram.com/Tages_72/
But don’t forget to swipe left!

1 Like

Very nice!

2 Likes

If you’re curious, you can scroll down a bit and see the “before” pictures.

2 Likes

I heard back from the editor about my proposal for the punk history book thingie. He sent me the 3 reviewers comments, all which were positive (and the criticisms they did have were pretty fair, I’d say). So, it looks like it’s moving ahead to the next stage (which is, apparently, replying to the reviewers criticisms, letting them know how long I expect the book to be, when I’ll have a draft completed, and how many images, etc).

:grinning: :grimacing: :confused: :worried: :face_with_monocle: :pleading_face:

10 Likes

:boom: :100:

Awesome!

7 Likes

Thanks!

I feel like I have no idea what I’m doing and am a complete fraud! :grin: But I’m excited and nervous!

7 Likes

I want a copy!

Which is to say that when it is done I want to know where and how to purchase so that it positively affects your sales stats, so you can get future deals.

7 Likes

Thanks! It probably won’t be out for a while. I have to think about how long it’s going to take to write the whole thing, plus they’ll be the review process, etc, so it’s gonna be a while, I’m guessing.

I will definitely let you all know, of course!

4 Likes

Have you read “Please Kill Me: An Oral History of Punk Rock”? Or is yours a general history of punk?

Or is it a version of history that’s punk?

Anyways, YAY FOR YOU!!!

4 Likes

It’ll be a general history, but yeah, I’ve read it! I’ll have to give it a re-read or maybe a reskim along with some of the other classics (Lipstick Traces, England’s Dreaming, We got the Neutron Bomb, Punk and Post punk diaries, From the Velvets to the Voidoids, Kids of the Black Hole, The Last Gang in Town, I, Shithead, etc). I do need to look into more of the academic stuff that’s out via journals and dissertations and theses, too. I know there are a few dissertations out on punk since I’ve finished mine… that might be especially helpful for looking into punk outside the US and UK, too.

6 Likes

Oh gosh…who would EVER believe that popular culture would become a scholarly subject? When I found out that Bowling Green State University in Ohio was offering it as a credited class back in the late 1980s, I nearly swooned. Add nostalgia, and presto! You have something that beguiles Western civilization, especially if the present is not-so-good.

3 Likes

This guy?

Indeed. But it’s also important given how much time, money, and attention we spend on pop culture. Plus, culture is one of the best ways to be able to understand how a society understands itself, and shapes itself.

6 Likes

And this is why I like, admire, and respect you!

3 Likes

I guess Devo would be included? I’ve heard they started out as a punk band but what style they became I have no idea. First heard them in about 1980 (“Whip It” on the student center jukebox.) Was immediately hooked, despite not liking much of any thing hard-core punkish. New Wave though I do like (some of) and I guess there’s overlap.

There are so many sub-genres of rock/pop/whatever, it boggles the mind.

5 Likes

I would say they were punk-ish. You should hear their first album. It’s aggressively antisocial.

3 Likes

yay kermit

6 Likes

Yes!! I’m exited.

5 Likes

You’re talking about
(which I love) or is there an earlier one I’m not familiar with?

3 Likes