Well, fuck

7 Likes

i mean, honestly, it had to happen eventually…

7 Likes
4 Likes

Texas. I am shocked. Shocked I say!

5 Likes
4 Likes

3 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes

it sounds like the fall of Saigon to me. it’s awful.

5 Likes

Whatever good is going on in the world today is way overshadowed by the continued horror of war.

What hope is there if this keeps happening over and over again? I mean, it’s like the folks in charge fit the AA (and I’m sure others’) definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results every time. Hell, the masses are the same!

If we do end up with the planet dying in ten years from our mistreatment of it, I wouldn’t super-upset. Because those are the consequences of what we’ve been doing.

3 Likes

In the US (some of) the people in charge don’t care if we win or lose, because they get rich selling arms, and nonstop wars keep attention and taxes away from solving our own horrible problems. And if it’s against a foreign (cough Islamic cough) culture, it helps promote white supremacy.

8 Likes

“We were managing just fine with a small force and bombings. We could have kept that peace forever. Now they’ll take over Pakistan’s and China’s nukes!”

2 Likes

My spine just exploded again.

I didn’t do anything to provoke it this time. I got out of bed, sat down for a few minutes, noticed that my back was a tiny bit stiff, stood up and then screamed and fell over. Zero to a hundred with no warning.

It’s a combination of spinal damage and neurological fuckery. The neurology forces muscle spasms in my back, which crank down on my damaged spine, which then triggers a stronger spasm, which cranks down harder, etc etc. Escalating feedback loop until the muscles are locked at full power and I’m totally incapacitated.

Fortunately, I’ve still got a few painkillers in the drawer, which may convince the spasm to let go after a while. But the spine is going to be hair-trigger fragile for weeks afterwards as a consequence.

10 Likes

And before you could construct a wooden body (I just watched the Futurama episode where Bender does that - in a dream he has while he’s getting his upgrade)!

2 Likes

Shit. Hope the painkillers are enough to cut off incapacitation.

2 Likes

And again.

It seems to be progressing downwards; last time it was between my shoulderblades, now it’s just below the ribs. I was actually on the phone to my spinal doc (who is currently in Melbourne and unable to return to Tasmania due to Covid restrictions) when it flared up bad enough to send me staggering for the couch just before I fell over (and I would not have made it if I weren’t already dosed with Oxycodone).

Yay. Oh, well; the weather is a bit too cold to be doing much today anyway.

7 Likes

Hello, World War III

Well, winter’s almost over, so there’s that…

But I think the wars have never stopped; there’s been long and very uneasy truces, some unavoidable manmade or natural disasters, but…

Look at history. And especially where and why. It’s so DUMB. There is no difference between the Czars and Putin and his ilk, and it…it’s like, what the livin’ fuck? Is human evolution really THAT slow?

addendum: i’m so grateful my son can’t be drafted, being an only child and ADHD/ASD. However, remember “War Games”…? (gawd, i’m old, lol!)

3 Likes
2 Likes

2 Likes