Well, fuck

ugh white guys from OH going for art, lol, I guess that answers my question, LOL!

And is it irony that I’m now watching the original “Planet of the Apes” franchise? I’m on “Beneath the…” atm.

1 Like

One of my coworkers is from Ukraine and has family back there. She took today off because hearing what they’re dealing with and what they’re facing is overwhelming. I haven’t been keeping up with the news and don’t really know how it’s being reported here, but it’s a really BIG thing there - people evacuating and relocating. And there’s not much there for evacuees.

3 Likes

There’s a big Ukrainian neighborhood about 5-7 miles northwest of my house in Warren; the Ukrainian Cultural Center is located there & is mentioned in this article:

I have a friend I met in 4th grade who brought in Ukrainian-decorated Easter eggs to school that year. We reconnected on FB about 2-3 years ago. And my dad told me to never ever call a Ukrainian a Russian. Ever.

4 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

We forgot they’d go after Mother Earth…

…like, if the world ends in the 2030s due to climate change overload, they’re somehow going to not die? OH PUH-LEEZ!

6 Likes
2 Likes

Ummm…ummmm…did he do one of Sir Mick? Because Keith Richards doesn’t have all those ego problems (well, at least his memoir led me to believe he’d dealt w/'em).

It still amazes me that something humans can’t see without enhanced vision cause so much trouble…

When Merlin becomes a germ…how anachronistic!

3 Likes
5 Likes

Itaewon is one of the most popular neighbourhoods in Seoul for a night out. Locals and foreigners flock there every weekend, but Halloween is one of the busiest nights of the year. The area was hosting its first unmasked Halloween celebrations since Covid when the disaster happened.

1 Like

Cannabis use does not increase actual creativity but does increase how creative you think you are, study finds

6 Likes
3 Likes

:cold_face:

Mesonet | National Wind Chill / Heat Index

9 Likes

There is frost on the inside of the windows :cold_face: indeed

6 Likes

Heavy sleety nasty rain here where I live in SE Michigan.

5 Likes

Freezing rain started in Portland a few hours ago.

5 Likes

i just heard that Denver recorded a 61-degree temperature swing within a 24-hour period. Here in Reno we consider 30-degree swings normal, but omg, that is staggering.

8 Likes

A low of 7° F tonight; high of 20° F tomorrow. Windy too. Supposedly there’s a danger of trees knocking out electric lines. :cold_face:

We should really get a generator . . .

4 Likes