Well, fuck

Single digits in StL today, same as yesterday. Light dusting of snow yesterday. It took a lonnnnng time for my car to get warm enough to clear the ice from the windshield. Time for a new ice scraper.
Heatwave tomorrow at about 20F.

Untitled

5 Likes

It was -6ºF when I went out earlier, but it’s up to a balmy -1ºF now.

That doesn’t include the wind chill factor, which today is pretty darned intense. Currently it’s at -30ºF.

Did I mention I went out earlier? Won’t do that again! Well, except for twice more: once in a few hours — if the planets are aligned, as my daughter’s flight was delayed then canceled yesterday, and so far we’re still on the delay portion of the day today but flights all around her are being canceled — and once this evening for “The Nutcracker”.

I’m actually looking forward to just staying in with my daughters and NOT doing a bunch of holiday events. We’ll see how my dad’s place in Indiana weathered the storm, but not this week!

6 Likes

We had lots of rain starting in the mid-evening, I think…which turned into sleet, which turned into snow, all of it being blown around by winds of 24 MPH., with gusts possibly going up to 55 MPH. My brother, who lives in a manufactured-home park ten miles north of me, as the crow tries to fly, has no running water in his residence, last I talked to him (he called me a few hours ago).

The only positive I can come up with on this is that at least there’s not enough snow to have to shovel it.
ADDENDUM: And that the electricity, natural gas & water are all functioning here, which is a big thumbs-up!

3 Likes
3 Likes

There is no replacement. The parent company, if you are curious, is Amazon.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Unbelievable.

2 Likes

Don’t read this unless you want to ruin your day.

1 Like

5 Likes

i can’t imagine why someone would do this. heartbreaking.

6 Likes

Update:

4 Likes

Oh really, the kid rolled? Man, RICO is everywhere.

3 Likes

This was a public school. I hope the student’s family sues the fuck out of the bastards behind it.

6 Likes

Jury duty

3 Likes

I can’t help but think Netanyahu is overjoyed at this whole situation.

5 Likes

I’d say the jailers endangered her fetus far, far more than she ever did.

8 Likes

But that is their right, and they are part of the fascist movement that wants to make sure we all understand that.

3 Likes

Right, maximum suffering is the punishment for being inadequately subservient to the Machine (the one we’ve been raging against, but it’s time to go harder)

2 Likes

i.e. controlling men . . .

2 Likes