Well, fuck

There’s a theory that he had a warning and that he let the attacks happen. Of course we are hearing all kinds of rumors here.

5 Likes

I hate to get conspiratorial, but this has silenced the protests and has allowed him to attack the Gaza Strip.

6 Likes

And he got to form an emergency government. Taking a leaf from Hitler.

5 Likes

Ooo you went there. I was only prepared to go as far a George W Bush.

4 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

Ouch.

2 Likes

I know, I’m just super-grateful that only the picnic table (which was falling apart anyway) was destroyed.

2 Likes

In the video you said, “it’s up at the root.” At first I heard that as “it’s up of the roof.”
THAT would have been painful.

2 Likes

I thought this place had been around since after WWII, but it’s only been there since 1971. Thankfully, they’re not closing till after Easter 2024.

4 Likes
3 Likes

Man that looks like a hassle but I am so glad your house was spared.

3 Likes

So much for prestige.
OOOOH, what would Major Charles Emerson Winchester think???

4 Likes
8 Likes

From the article:

Louisiana corrections spokesman Ken Pastorick called that description “absurd.” He said the phrase “sentenced with hard labor” is a legal term referring to a prisoner with a felony conviction.

Louisiana’s legal system differs somewhat from the rest of the country’s, largely due to its French history, but it’s not that different. “Sentenced with hard labor” absolutely does not mean just someone with a felony conviction. What a crock of shit.

5 Likes

I assume it talks at length about Angola Prison. (All the trigger warnings before reading anything about that place.)

5 Likes

Yes, that particular prison is discussed a lot, but the number and names of major corporations benefitting from forced prison labor as outlined in that article is pretty stunning. As in…corporations who have official policies prohibiting doing business with companies which used forced labor are, themselves, benefitting from forced labor, but because it’s in the US, it’s ok!

6 Likes
8 Likes

I just saw this on Reddit and thought, “No way that actually happened.” But yeah, it actually happened. Scary. And tragic.

6 Likes

Oh damn I just posted that on the Nazi thread (removed now), but god damn.

His poor fucking mother.

6 Likes