Well this is interesting

I had assumed the melody was a traditional drinking song, I did not know it had known composer.

3 Likes

Is it just me, or did he and George Kennedy share more than just a passing resemblance?
GKennedy

2 Likes

2 Likes
7 Likes

Amazing!

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

I wonder if Rheem is in therapy now, or has ever been since 1992?

1 Like

1 Like

It’s about keeping track of personal items and treating others with respect. But when I was very young this would have been terrifying, I suppose.

2 Likes

Wow, interesting! I think even at my age today if I saw Big Bird pacing around armed with a hockey stick and a baseball bat looking to smack a witch up, that would still be a little terrifying.

3 Likes

Akhil Sharma talks about reediting the drafts of his novels in order to “[slow the reader down as] a way to make them spend more time with difficult subjects”, or conversely “[to reduce the] demands on the reader reader, thereby allowing a more empathetic immersion in the characters”

And now we see what comes next after that Winnie the Pooh horror movie…

3 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

But will Robert Crumb illustrate their mascot, should they have one?

1 Like

Somehow YouTube decided to get me into this new Olympic sport and I am loving it.

2 Likes

In the summer of 1982, while the Brewers were on their way to the playoffs, a song was written and recorded by a local Wisconsin bar band that included such lines as:

Brew Crew, Brew Crew
We’re right behind you!
Brew Crew, Brew Crew
Yeah, we’re goin’ all the way!

Over in Milwaukee,
So the people say,
They’re knock-knock-knockin’
baseballs
County Stadium way.

I woke up one morning and its county-infused melody was all over WTMJ.

This was an important song for me. I was 10-years-old at the time. I had no idea that ordinary people in ordinary states like Wisconsin could write music and make a recording of it. I thought such things were only done by special people in exotic locations like Los Angeles.

So why am I writing this?

There is an idea that all the knowledge of the universe is contained on the internet. But I have not been able to find any evidence of this song there. Not even a picture of the label. It has gone down a memory hole.

2 Likes
2 Likes