Well this is interesting

4 Likes

This tells you all you need to know about IQ tests.

4 Likes

IQ tests are problematic for a number of reasons, but how does this story illustrate that?

3 Likes

Just a joke, I suppose. Someone with a high IQ deciding to focus on sportsball.

1 Like

Heā€™s 12. And it could be worse. He could say he wants to be a cop.

6 Likes
1 Like

Sara Rivers-Cofield purchased the bronze-colored silk bustle dress with striped rust velvet accents for $100 at an antique shop in Maine, noting on her blog that it was in a style that was fashionable in the mid-1880s among middle-class or well-off women.

When Rivers-Cofield turned the dress inside-out, she found a small hidden pocket. Many womenā€™s dresses of the era had pockets, but this one would only be accessible by hiking up the overskirt. She puzzled over why anyone would make a pocket so inaccessible and thought it might have been used to smuggle messages. Hidden inside, she found two sheets of wadded-up translucent paper measuring about 7.5 inches by 11 inches. The text on each sheet consisted of 12 lines of recognizable common English wordsā€”except they made no sense. ā€œBismark omit leafage buck bankā€? ā€œPaul Ramify loamy event false new eventā€?

8 Likes

elon musk ā€œcreatingā€ an ai chatbot named grok and charging people money to use it is already funny, but the funnier part of how while pretty much other every chatbot in existence almost instantly getā€™s corrupted and becomes racist, musk managed to almost completely on accident make one thatā€™s. not racist or transphobic or antisemitic. like wow

6 Likes

No doubt itā€™s the headboard bumping against the wall.

3 Likes

This is interesting. I had a blood test yesterday. The technician said, ā€œNow, just a little pinchā€ instead of the more accurate, ā€œNow, just a little prick.ā€

5 Likes

Maybe they got in trouble when someone thought they were calling them a little prick.

3 Likes

No doubt someone with those really loud mufflers.

3 Likes

Should I have put this in the The Dumbest Thing Iā€™ve Ever Read topic? Or the Now For Some Good News Topic? I havenā€™t the faintest idea.

5 Likes

I dunno if itā€™s good news, but it could fit into this or TDTIER thread.

also the surname of the POTUS in ā€œDr. Strangeloveā€

2 Likes

Iā€™m getting or already addicted to this channel. Hereā€™s an example.

3 Likes

Iā€™m struggling to remember what topic has these initials.

2 Likes

The Dumbest Thing Iā€™ve Ever Read, and I see what I did there! LOL!

3 Likes

I still donā€™t believe these were ever real.

3 Likes

Shaving bodily hair because of lice, etc. was a real thing. And then youā€™d apply a wig, merkin, etc. to seem ā€˜normalā€™ again.

3 Likes

Yeah. Not buying it. If youā€™re running around Padua without your codpiece, a crotch toupee is the least of your problems. Anyway, it wouldnā€™t fool anybody if they got close enough to notice.

There might have been one or two throughout history, I donā€™t doubt that, but I donā€™t believe they were ever ā€œa thing.ā€

3 Likes