Well this is interesting

A codpiece is for men; a merkin is for women.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Merkins weren’t for men. They were for women, I thought. I mean, how would a man place a wig on his genitals?

3 Likes

I will take your word on this. I realize I was getting a little carried away, but it was making me laugh too much.

But I still stand by my larger point. I can’t imagine any social situation where these would be useful and/or fool anyone.

1 Like

I always thought it was to skirt around nudity laws in strip clubs while looking fully nude.

I have no idea how true this is though, nor how common, so that could be bullshit. But that’s the best explanation I’ve heard yet other than just “people are weird.”

3 Likes

Merkin - Wikipedia.

3 Likes

“Merkin” would be a great name for a Pekinese.

3 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

This new research drone appears to have a design based on the SAB AB-20 from 1930.

5 Likes

I saw Crazy Horse in Las Vegas. Those women were definitely wearing merkins. At least for stage performers I understand how they give a more neat appearance.

3 Likes

This is fascinating!

I want that sweater!

6 Likes

… Eiffel Tower using 700,000 matchsticks, only to be outright rejected by the Guinness World Records due to an unconventional reason

5 Likes

Yes. This is verrrrrrrrrry interesting, indeed.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Firstly, I’d like to know if there is a thread here in along the lines of “Wow, I Didn’t Know That!”

Because the fact that the most-visited state park in the USA is in Detroit…wow, I didn’t know that!

I’ve got so many fond memories of it in my mind and in photos, as well as the memories passed onto me by my mom and dad through the stories the told and the photos they took.

4 Likes
5 Likes

I’m more than a little familiar with the aircraft of World War II, but I have never heard of this unmanned drone.

Interesting that this aircraft might have inspired the Kamikaze program. Since the Japanese wouldn’t have known these were unmanned.

6 Likes

Interesting bit about how the Eurythmics hit success and how MTV triggered a Second British Invasion because U.S. bands didn’t have videos but British bands did.

8 Likes
1 Like